Regional Account Manager - Federal at Sonatype (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:03 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 1, 2022
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
About the Team:
Sonatype is expanding its operations in the US Federal market and seeking an experienced Federal Software Sales professional to contribute to a rapidly growing organization.
As a Federal Regional Account Manager, you will be responsible for new ACV revenue generation within assigned Federal accounts to include new account acquisition and expansion. In addition, you will have ownership of the entire sales cycle, pipeline management, strategic account plans and customer relationships across your territory.
What you’ll do:
- Consistently exceed quarterly sales goals by winning new accounts and expanding existing accounts while achieving success for your customers
- Use a consultative value-based selling approach to discover customer/prospect business drivers and technical requirements, and align them to Sonatype’s differentiated capabilities in competitive sales campaigns
- Become an expert in positioning and presenting Sonatype’s unique value proposition in meetings, presentations, phone calls, emails and proposals
- Develop business relationships with prospects, customers and partners at both executive and practitioner level, to result in growing demand for Sonatype’s software products
- Continuously identify, qualify, develop and manage a robust sales opportunity pipeline
- Regular prospecting and continuous follow-up on all potential sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong internal collaboration with sales engineering, inside sales, marketing, customer success, sales operations and other teams
- Demonstrate command of your business through account/opportunity knowledge, quarterly business reviews, business plans, deal strategy and a disciplined approach to forecasting and pipeline management in Sonatype’s CRM system (Salesforce.com)
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years of experience and proven success in selling enterprise software to the US Federal government
- Knowledge and experience selling software solutions related to the following: software development, software supply chain management, application security, open source software governance, code quality, DevOps, DevSecOps
- Demonstrated history of building a Federal sales territory, hunting new accounts and winning business in competitive selling environments
- History of success selling directly to government agencies and through resellers and Federal systems integrators
- Passion for solving customer problems with innovative technology
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, executive polish and presence, and exceptional skills in delivering persuasive value-based sales presentations, leading productive meetings and writing with impact
- Ability to build rapport with senior-level decision makers and technical buyers in Software Development, Application Security and IT Operations environments
- Familiarity with federal procurement procedures and experience steering deals through complex government contracting processes
- Operational acumen in account planning, deal strategy, pipeline management and forecasting
- Growth mindset and team-player attitude that embraces a dynamic high-performance and rapidly evolving environment
- BS or BA degree
- Ability to travel up to 50% if necessary when normal conditions return
Things we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
More Information on Sonatype
Sonatype operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in Fulton, MD and McLean, VA. Sonatype was founded in 2008. It has 600 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with nonprofits, Friends outside of work, Intracompany committees, Team based strategic planning and Group brainstorming sessions. To see all 8 open jobs at Sonatype, click here.
Read Full Job Description