WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide.
Our Human and Social Services team has an exciting new opportunity for a Regional Account Executive who will manage all aspects of the sales process within new prospects and within the current client base for the Northeast territory. This individual will be working with state governments to showcase our top-notch social service solutions for programs that are making a difference in our communities. Learn more below and apply today to make an impact and have a rewarding career!
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Communicate product features, benefits and values proposition to clients
- Generate proposals, price quotes and contract requests
- Call on prospects and qualify new sales leads, follow up on existing leads, and generally create as many sales opportunities as possible for the company
- Managing the RFP process via internal and external resources
- Managing state and co-operative contracts
- Set up appointments for Senior Sales Staff if needed
- Communicate features of products and services articulately and persuasively to clients
- Track, maintain, and report of sales pipeline and contact information within the CRM system
- Manage pipeline and provide reliable forecasts
- Visit client’s in-person when needed to discuss products and assist with presentations
- Attend industry conferences and sales meetings
- Responds to the needs and requests of clients and WellSky management and staff in a professional and expedient manner
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
Do you stand above the rest?
- At least 3 years of experience in direct software sales, government technology software sales preferred
- Experience in Medicaid and Long-Term Service and Supports government markets
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.