Referral Partner Manager (US/CA) at Cloudbeds (San Diego, CA)
Cloudbeds is the hospitality industry's fastest-growing technology provider for independent hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and hotel groups. Our award-winning Cloudbeds Hospitality Platform is currently helping a growing clientele of 22,000+ properties in 157 countries to increase revenue, streamline operations, and deliver memorable guest experiences.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 500+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we've believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we've founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people wherever they're located;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we're on a mission to power every property in the world and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That's why we're on the search for a superstar Referral Partner Manager.
The primary focus of the Referral Partner Manager is to create, nurture, and build relationships with Referral Partners to drive sales and other revenue. Referral Partners are integral to Cloudbeds’s revenue success, as they provide introductions to potential customers for Cloudbeds’ sales teams.
The Referral Partner Manager will take responsibility for developing an ecosystem of established referral and co-sell partners that expand Cloudbeds’s market reach and total solution for the independent hotelier and host space. You will be forging new partnerships and managing existing relationships that can help Cloudbeds reach untapped customers and create incredible value.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify, recruit sign, enable and manage new referral and co-sell partners
- Manage existing partnerships and ensure referrals are flowing per agreements
- Develop and manage business plans with key partners
- Work with established partners to maintain the existing revenue stream while building net new business
- Find innovative ways to reach existing customers and markets
- Accountable for achieving a partner-sourced-leads goal, new Referral Partner goals, and ARR sales goals
- Build and foster trust and confidence in relationships
- Drive ownership of revenue associated with Referral Partners
- Research, evangelize, and build new partners through adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling
- Work with Marketing to develop targeted communication campaigns for potential Partners, including email, direct drops, face-to-face meetings, etc.
- Work with Marketing to develop effective training and sales enablement tools to present to Partners
- Consistently build and manage an effective pipeline
- Communicate proactively with leadership throughout each phase of the partnership process
- Develop an understanding of our core products and be able to address partner questions
- Stay up to date on industry trends and competition
- Act as a stakeholder for Product and Engineering teams by identifying and surfacing key partner insights
- Maintain relationships and create communication cadence with new and existing Referral Partners
- Able to travel for sales conferences, key events, and in-person partner meetings (up to 20%)
You’ll Do it Using Your:
- Intelligence, experience and passion
- Deep knowledge related to alliance and partner management
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, strong analysis, clear and direct communication
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships, advocates, and champions
- Ability to hold your partners and the people you work with accountable to the agreed GTM strategies that have been jointly established
- Good old fashioned grit, hard work and determination
You’ll Succeed By:
- Thinking like an owner (having a “founder’s mindset”)
- Communicating with honesty, integrity, and respect
- Being resourceful and creative
- Building and maintaining exceptional relationships with potential and existing partners
- Bringing your passion every day
Experience & Skills:
- B.A. in Business or related field
- 4+ years of Sales experience preferably in the hospitality or hospitality technology space
- Previous experience at a B2B SaaS company
- Proven track record of meeting and/or achieving set sales quotas
- Proven track record of direct/outbound sales
- Ability to embrace change and drive creative solutions to yield expected results
- Ability to work independently under tight timelines with excellent communication to internal stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce from lead management and reporting perspective
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Outstanding communication skills - ability to work across teams and communicate marketing goals/results at a team, executive, and company level
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines, emerging needs, policy changes, and the variety of nuances that can happen in product development
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work tactically to drive projects to successful completion
- Clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and oral communication
- Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an issue, and use good judgment in recommending practical solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate them to diverse teams, partners, and analysts
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate this effectively to internal and external audiences
About the Marketing Team:
Cloudbeds’ global marketing is responsible for the growth of Cloudbeds through a data-driven approach. Our team is responsible for demand generation, public and analyst relations, brand and communications, content, and product marketing. Our aim is to communicate the value of Cloudbeds to global audiences.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at [email protected].
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.