Real Estate Growth Executive - Remote at Kasa Living, Inc.
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.The Role
This is a high-impact, senior contributor opportunity that is instrumental to growing our robust real estate portfolio. You'll be tasked with adding at least 500 new management units per year to Kasa's portfolio and will have the support of the the Real Estate, Legal, Marketing and Finance teams. Your primary role will be identifying short-term rental and hotel management opportunities through your existing relationships with institutional property owners, lenders, and brokers across hospitality and multifamily assets.
In this role, you will report to the Vice President, Revenue and work directly with internal cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Finance, Marketing, Partner Success, and Operations. We’re looking for an experienced deal-closer and savvy negotiator who brings deep relationships with owners, lenders, and brokers in the hospitality/multifamily industry with a demonstrated track record scaling assets to accelerate revenue growth. The ideal candidate operates with a growth mindset, thrives in unstructured environments, executes decisions with sound judgment, and is resilient; remaining excited by the challenge!About the Team
This role is in our Real Estate Growth department. The mission of the department is to grow Kasa's national and global footprint by partnering with multifamily and hotel owners. We achieve this mission by demonstrating the tremendous value we create for our partners through our high-margin and flexible operating model. Unlike traditional hospitality operators, we partner with property owners across a wide set of markets, property types, unit types, and deal structures, including channel distribution, management agreements, master leases, and property acquisitions. As a result, our dynamic operations, proprietary tech, and cost structure make Kasa the one-stop partner for property owners.
Members of the team have diverse backgrounds in real estate private equity, finance, investment sales, enterprise sales, and business development. Kasa team members are passionate about building a platform that delivers value to property owners and serves guests seeking trustworthy, well-priced accommodations in great locations.Day in the life of a Kasa Senior Account Executive
Your time will primarily be spent sourcing management and partnership opportunities with building owners, brokers, and partners. While each day will be different, you can expect to source opportunities across multifamily and hotels, broker new relationships, review underwriting for prospective deals, present deals to the investment committee, and negotiate/close transactions. Your success will primarily be measured by the number of new units signed and deals sourced directly through your efforts.
In addition, you will work closely with Kasa's senior leadership team on strategic growth initiatives and help to further improve our deal playbook.Experience
- You have deep relationships with institutional multifamily and hotel owners, brokers, and lenders; specifically located on the west coast
- 7+ years of relevant experience in: institutional real estate ownership, multifamily and/or hospitality management, acquisitions or brokerage
- Experience selling to C-Level decision-makers and negotiating contracts — particularly management and franchise agreements — to drive company growth by more than 3x
- Comfortable with ambitious quarterly and annual targets with a desire for a highly aligned compensation structure
- You are comfortable with all aspects of taking a deal from start to finish
- You're highly motivated and able to maintain efficiency while working independently
- You're proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your deal team and colleagues throughout the company
- You are a strategic and analytical with the ability to influence decisionmakers and can easily build consensus with a variety of stakeholders alike
- You are familiar with the regulatory landscape of short-term rentals and/or hotels and have experience with zoning, building codes, and change of use.
- Travel is part of your DNA and you have a passion for the real estate, tech, and hospitality industry
- Signed more than 500 units under management
- Become a thought leader by flexibly structuring deals and by working with Kasa's senior team members to deploy accretive partnership structures where needed
- Developed expert knowledge in Kasa's proprietary tech and operations so that you can be an authority figure when sharing the unique value we provide to our partners.
- Helped evolve Kasa's underwriting, negotiating, and closing processes
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
- 📱 Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse a portion of your monthly cell phone bill to say thanks for using your personal phone during the work day
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 🩺 Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
- 📈 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information here and here.