Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Financial Partnerships team manages vendor relationships and partners with leaders across the company to ensure we spend thoughtfully and efficiently. As a member of that team, the Real Estate Associate will partner with leadership to define Affirm's real estate strategy and own execution against that strategy. They will drive the negotiation and execution of leases, and partner with third-party providers to design and build out premier workspaces for Affirmers.
What you'll do
- Work with leadership to define Affirm's real estate strategy, ensuring our footprint meets the evolving needs of the company.
- Analyze market research and form recommendations that align with our strategy, balancing quality and cost to make strong decisions.
- Communicate recommendations by developing and presenting well-reasoned, persuasive business cases to leadership.
- Drive negotiation and signing of leases, ensuring we enter into leases that serve Affirm's best interests.
- Thoughtfully engage with third-party partners to design and build out office space, translating strategy into reality.
- Collaborate with Affirm's workplace and physical security teams to hand off each space and ensure we deliver an outstanding experience to employees from day one.
- Define and report on metrics to assess the health of our real estate footprint on an ongoing basis.
- Assist on all purchases related to our workplaces, including physical security and other services. Guide the procurement process and ensure compliance with our procurement policies for those expenses.
What we look for
- 1-2 years of experience in commercial real estate or a related field.
- Organizational, cross-functional communication and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to read a situation, listen, frame a conversation and pitch when necessary.
- Motivation to learn and grow, deepening your knowledge of real estate and broadening beyond it.
- Experience with quantitative modeling in Excel is a plus.
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.