Public Sector Sales Development Representative at Chainalysis (Washington DC)
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Chainalysis is seeking motivated individuals who are passionate about our mission, building trust on blockchains. With over 700 customers globally, and doubling our valuation year after year to hit $8.6B, we are proud to announce that Chainalysis is the largest Enterprise SaaS company for all Blockchain. The most meaningful characteristic of our Business Development team is that we love talking about Chainalysis. Our job is to help understand customers’ pain points and determine whether or not our solution will help them overcome the challenges they’re facing.
Our BDRs or Business Development Reps are great at asking the right questions, being analytical, opportunity-driven, and obtaining the ability to build relationships. You will collaborate and work closely with our Marketing and Sales team with the focus on identifying targeted prospects and customers through a variety of online research. We measure our success by the number of introductions we make to the Account Executive team and the overall revenue that started with our outreach. This individual will be a key indicator in supporting our US Public Sector markets.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- You constructed personalized outreaches to define a strategic target of key accounts
- You held ownership of having an initial sales outreach to a Chainalysis customer
- You’ve introduced fully qualified prospects to the Account Executive team that turned into valuable customers
- You’ve obtained the ability to have a well-informed conversation with a variety of customers about Chainalysis, our solutions, and how they’re working within the cryptocurrency industry
- You are an expert in navigating Salesforce, SalesLoft, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- You’ve mastered objection handling and overcame customer obstacles in the past year
A background like this helps:
- Previous experience in outbound sales, cold calling, prospecting research, complex sales pitches, fundraising, and/or recruiting
- SaaS / Software technology experience and proven success in a business development function
- Strong understanding of the government space
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and distinguished verbal and written communication ability
- Eagerness to work in a fast pace environment with the capability to handle pressure in a results-driven role
- An overachiever in whatever makes you tick - sports, drama, music, underwater basket-weaving, etc.
- Curiosity and interest in an ingenious technology such as blockchain analytics
- Bonus points: you’ve prospected into US Federal accounts in the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, or other law enforcement or intelligence agencies
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.