Public Relations Account Executive- Hybrid or remote! Based in Portland, OR.
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, social media, creative services and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, healthcare, consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients' worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing an inclusive, team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We work with people we like and can learn from, making our jobs a positive aspect of a balanced life. At Matter, we prioritize employee diversity, equity and inclusion and value everyone’s unique story. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We’re looking for a creative and results-oriented Account Executive to join our team. Here’s the mix of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Generating creative ideas to help drive client PR/social media programs; proactively offers recommendations and ideas to the program and shares recommendations with clients on how to use industry news and trends to impact their programs
- Pursuing and securing media opportunities (trade, consumer, business media, etc.) for clients; builds and nurtures strong relationships with media contacts
- Delivering high-quality writing in the of form pitches, press releases, bylines, case studies, blogs, etc.
- Developing effective social media programs for a variety of channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Mentoring and managing junior team members’ involvement in projects and initiative
- Participating in new business opportunities – either with research, creation of media playbooks and/or attending and having a role in the meetings
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant business experience
- 3+ years of post-college PR experience is required. Experience working with consumer, b2b tech and professional services clients, or other agency exposure is preferred
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
- Adaptable, dependable and promotes positive work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and team-oriented environment
Why Matter? A healthy culture requires healthy, happy people. That’s why Matter goes above and beyond to provide exceptional benefits, fun bonuses, and culture perks to our workforce. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Comprehensive time-off plan (including holiday, PTO and sick time)
- Floating wellness day
- Floating holiday
- Birthdays off
- Freeze Fridays (clock off at 2:00pm every Friday)
- Annual paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s
- 401(k) plan
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time through our Helping Hands initiative
- Employee referral program (get a $$ bonus for each referral we hire)
- Matter Wellness program, featuring extracurricular activities and interoffice competitions
- Office exchange program
- Trainings and educational programs including a mentorship program for junior employees
- Exceptional company culture, monthly FUN events in all offices, and surprise rewards throughout the year
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.