Principal Customer Success Manager (Remote) at Deepwatch, inc.
Come join Deepwatch's team of world-class cybersecurity professionals and the brightest minds in the industry. If you're ready to challenge yourself with work that matters, then this is the place for you. We're redefining cybersecurity as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. - and we have a blast doing it!
Who We Are
Deepwatch is the leader in managed security services, protecting organizations from ever-increasing cyber threats 24/7/365. Powered by Deepwatch's cloud-based security operations platform, Deepwatch provides the industry's fastest, most comprehensive detection and automated response to cyber threats together with tailored guidance from dedicated experts to mitigate risk and measurably improve security posture. Hundreds of organizations, from Fortune 100 to mid-sized enterprises, trust Deepwatch to protect their business.
Deepwatch recognition includes:
- Forbes America's Best Startup Employers 2022
- Great Place to Work® Certified 2022
- Cybersecurity Excellence Award for MDR 2022
- Forrester: Top 10 MDR
- Goldman Sachs portfolio company: $53m Series B investment 2020
Reporting to a Director, Security Operations (Squad Director), Principal Customer Success Managers (CSM) work closely with the Squad's Director, shift Squad Managers and Lead Analysts to develop customer loyalty, engagement and trust for their Squad's largest (to include Fortune 250), most complex, strategic customers. Principal CSMs help integrate the specific needs of large enterprise customers and the capabilities of Deepwatch services, working to reconcile differences and performance challenges and expectations. They are responsible for the lines of communication among the customer, Squad, sales teams, and channel partners.
Principal CSMs demonstrate broad cybersecurity and business acumen across multiple industry verticals and will leverage success in prior cybersecurity advisory roles, to address business, as well as technical issues with the most senior customer executives. As an executive, the Principal CSM will manage and solve most challenges independently, establishing the trust and confidence of their customers. Successful Principal CSMs will know the strategic priorities and challenges the customer is facing, engaging the Squad and others in solving those challenges and in expanding the customer's relationship with Deepwatch.
The Principal CSM will own managing, documenting and communicating plans and projects that improve the relationship with the customer as well as the status of the relationship in the form of reports, SLAs, contractual performance and concerns. The Principal CSM will work with the Squad Director to build and help deliver Executive Business Reviews. All of this is to further ensure high renewal rates, upgrades and cross sales, positive referrals and premium margins.
In addition to the above, Principal CSMs will play a critical role in the ongoing improvement of the overall Deepwatch Customer Success program by defining and revising standards, processes, best practices and tools and by supporting other CSMs and Delivery Squads and other customer-facing team members.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Early Engagement . Engage the customer as the contract is being signed to help ensure an easy and fast on-boarding experience
- SLAs and Value . Establish the baseline SLAs (as provided by the purchase services) and maintain tracking and communication of SLAs in the context of client's perception of value delivered by deepwatch, throughout the customer relationship
- Production . As the customer moves into production, the Principal CSM will work with the Lead Analyst to ensure proper log configuration and transfer, proper vulnerability tracking and firewall management and they will assist the Squad members to ensure proper detection efficacy, alert escalation, performance, vulnerability, firewall and other reporting
- Insight . Over the course of the relationship, through regular engagement and reviews, the Principal CSM will deliver insights on customer opportunities and concerns to the Squad; the Principal CSM will also become an expert on the services offered by Deepwatch so as to support the client's defensive strategies and further needs
- EBR . Executive forums are established and run by the Principal CSM and the Squad Director (in coordination with sales and challen partners as appropriate), including the Executive Business Review which occurs monthly/quarterly
- Vault, dCHI, Project Summaries . To ensure internal alignment, the Principal CSM maintains project summaries which include Deepwatch Customer Health Indication scores, significant projects or efforts by the Squad to resolve customer issues and implement improvements to customer experience
- Clients & Promotion . Principal CSMs will work with some of Deepwatch's largest clients and create promoters and influencers among the customer base.
- Problem Solve . Provide solutions to complex security problems and at all times maintain the trust and confidence of the customer in Deepwatch.
- Improve the Program. Collaborate with customers, partners and the full Deepwatch team to continuously improve the Customer Success program and, in turn, the value customers receive from Deepwatch services
- Executive Presence . Represent the Deepwatch brand and company to customers, prospects, and vendors in such a way as to help ensure Deepwatch's positive reputation in the marketplace.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Demonstrate the level of expertise commensurate with 10+ years of experience in customer success, service delivery or related consultative or advisement cybersecurity operations role
- A history of being your customers' trusted partner, by clearly understanding their priorities and helping them solve real business problems
- Successfully engage with Fortune 1000 clients in the course of delivering new and on-going technology-based services and support.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including a mastery of writing and speaking to technical and non-technical customer audiences
- Experience managing complex technology issues, and coordinating solutions across multiple business functions
- Superior critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results
- Experience working as part of a small, fast-paced, high capability team and the ability to manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity
- An understanding of the information security threat landscape (cyber attacker techniques, tactics and procedures with a general understanding of the practices for securing systems and networks).
- Understand the basics of SIEMs, EDRs and MDRs
This position will have access to customer data and as such is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Upon application, candidates will be asked to confirm that they are a U.S. Person as defined by the following:
- A citizen of the U.S.
- A lawful permanent resident of the United States
- A person admitted to the United States as a refugee
- A person that has been granted asylum by the United States government
The intent of this requirement is not to verify employment eligibility overall, but to ensure compliance with import/export regulations. If you do not meet these requirements, we encourage you to apply for other open roles at Deepwatch. This information will be verified upon offer of employment.
For applicants in Colorado, the salary range for this role is $200,000 to $250,000 + bonus + commissions + stock options + benefits. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20).
What We Offer:
Deepwatch is excited to provide benefits designed to support team members and their families. Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Paid time off, holidays, and family leave
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Unique professional development benefits, starting at $3,000 annually
- Learn more here: https://www.deepwatch.com/careers/#benefits
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply - we'd love to hear from you.
Deepwatch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform your recruiter or contact [email protected] for further information.
All Deepwatch employees are expected to:
- Be interested in and able to work remotely from a home office when not at a corporate office
- Pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Equal Opportunity Employer
Deepwatch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.