Presales Manager, Solutions Architect - Prisma Cloud, Majors - North Central at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As our Solutions Architect Manager for Prisma Cloud, you are the technical leader for your District Prisma Cloud Solutions Architect team. This SA organization comprises go-to technical experts who are instrumental in helping our customers architect, scope and realize their cloud security transformation.
You will work closely with the District Sales Manager for Prisma Cloud and, along with your team, build relationships with your customers with the goal of helping them securely deploy applications, containerized and serverless workloads securely across any of the major Public Cloud Service Providers and in some instances their own Private Cloud infrastructure. Your guidance, expertise, and mentorship of your team of SAs will keep them ahead of the latest cyberthreats and staying on the leading edge of prevention and vulnerability detection.
We are looking for a leader to develop our pre-sales teams, providing training and technical support as a product expert. Additionally you will provide feedback to the product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base. Your team, in partnership with the technical sales managers, will displace competitor technologies, and build market share within your targeted list, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as they use our products to secure their public cloud infrastructure and workloads.
- Recruit and hire new solutions architects into the territory, hiring the best talent in the industry
- Retain, train, mentor, and review employees on your team, while keeping them engaged and successful in their careers
- Reinforce the technical excellence, hands-on scrappy, and customer first culture- Help preserve our dynamic “start-up” energy as we scale
- Must be able to maintain a positive outlook, while leading and keeping the SAs motivated in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Help define and continuously update the system engineering training curriculum
- Lead and support the field systems engineer team in complex evaluations, problem solving and challenging customer environments
- Act as a floating system engineer and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage challenge
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales technical issues that arise
- Provide effective technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing security trends and standard methodologies employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from engineer to CISO
- Steer conversations about industry trends and emerging changes on the security landscape that every customer needs to plan for
- Discuss competitor products in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
- Champion the voice of our users and customers to influence product direction and feature priorities
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
- Ownership of advanced 'proof of value' testing in strategic accounts
- Maintain a general understanding of competitor selling strategies and product capabilities
- Maintain a positive outlook, while leading and keeping the SAs motivated in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- BS CS/EE or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales Solutions Manager
- 5+ years as a Senior Solutions Architect, Principal or Consulting Architect
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of our roadmap and technology development efforts, knowledge of competitor offerings and products
- Domain expertise in the areas of public cloud architectures, cloud native security models, CI/CD, DevOps, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Quota driven attitude focused on client's best solution by being a trusted advisor
As part of our Solutions Architect team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfilment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $204,400/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.