Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a [email protected]
$ ITSM Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer who’s passionate about solving our hardest customer problems and closing our largest enterprise deals. Our ITSM Sales Engineers guide our largest customers toward enterprise service management solutions that guide customers toward better ways of working. Sr. ITSM SEs are practice and technology champions, demonstrating thought leadership to frame the customer's Service Management initiatives so they may achieve their desired outcome. As an ITSM solution engineer, you will deliver value through prescriptive insights, methodologies, and technical demos.
In this role, you’ll be partnering with the enterprise sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of Atlassian’s customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based technical demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Values, and ultimately close business. You'll also reach across Atlassian to champion key enterprise insights, customer pain points, product innovations and facilitate a deeper level of engagement. You will serve as the tip of the spear in growing the reach of our technologies for new use cases and markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Experience working with large customers in a consulting or technical sales capacity, especially in the area of IT service delivery.
- Investigate, discover, and assess customer service management use cases, challenges, and technical requirements.
- to Atlassian product and solution capabilities.
- Interest in working creatively with customers to map Atlassian product and solution capabilities to business requirements and technical requirements.
- Passion for practice innovation that helps support teams realize better ways of working with the most common support practices. These may include service desk and service request management, incident and problem management, change enablement, and many other common ITSM support practices.
- Deliver compelling technical presentations to customers and prospects, clearly communicating the value and differentiation of the Atlassian platform and Jira Service Management.
- Configuring an ITSM solution to provide customer-tailored data and scenarios that resonate with their unique customer challenges.
- Architect and develop innovative solutions in collaboration with the direct field, product, industry-focused teams.
- Scope, configure and support Proof of concepts/prototypes with prospective customers.
- Partner with Sales Teams to develop winning account strategies, helping Atlassian to achieve revenue goals
- Contribute to the evolution of practices on the Solutions Engineering team through knowledge sharing, feedback loops, etc.
- Partner with product management to identify areas of opportunity to advance Atlassian’s product line; be a key source of market feedback into the product organization.
- Contribute to Atlassian’s thought leadership including representing Atlassian at conferences and partner enablement; marketing guides and white papers, analyst relations, and thought leader blog posts.
- Comfortable with delivering executive briefings and analyst sessions and understands the different approaches required for different audiences.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security, etc;
- Location is open
- Experience with enterprise architecture domains
- ITSM pre-sales / consulting experience with BMC Remedy, ServiceNow other enterprise ITSM tools
- Knowledge of ITIL 4, Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices.
- Experience with practice and process consulting.
- Experience with CMDB technologies (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
- Experience with service modeling techniques (TPL, TQL, etc.)
- Experience with event management platforms (Netcool, HPOM, BPPM, etc).
- Experience with service-oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access, and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc..
- IT Ops experience in monitoring, alerting, network, and compute of enterprise environments.
- Typically up to 30% and some international travel may be required
More about you
We're looking for a dynamic team member who will both teach and learn from all of us on the Solutions Engineering team. On paper, you have proven experience interacting with enterprise customers in a pre-sales, consulting, or delivery capacity. More importantly, you are a creative problem solver who can interpret complex problem statements, boil them down into simple solutions, and collaborate with prospects, channel partners, and the Atlassian sales team to deliver winning solutions. You’re equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives or talking shop with strong technical audiences. You love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback, tolerate failure, love to win, hate to lose, and are passionate about making clients successful.
Still, reading? You’re familiar with Atlassian products. You understand the process by which software gets defined, built, and deployed, and you have experience or familiarity with the Scaled Agile, ITSM, or DevOps solution spaces. As a bonus, you can wow us with your vision for how these solution spaces come together.
Really want to win us over? Tell us about your experience using Atlassian tools in the wild.
More about our team
You’ll be working alongside a globally distributed SE team, speaking with Global 2000 companies every day, collaborating closely with our sales teams to provide an Enterprise-grade experience to our customers. We're a get s#$% done distributed team, built on Atlassian's core values. If this mirrors how you want to work, then we are excited to have you join the team and help our company grow and change for the better.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.