Pre Sales Solutions Architect at Carrier (Atlanta, GA)
United States of America
CAG24: Atlanta Digital Hub 3350 Riverwood Parkway Suite 900, Atlanta, GA, 30339 USA
Carrier's Abound Business Unit is building solutions to reimagine the systems that shape the way we live, work, and learn. We're setting the standard for healthier, safer, and more resilient built environments.
We are looking for a Pre-sales solutions architect supporting the largest and most strategic customers at Carrier. This individual will play a key role in working with customers to understand their requirements and support revenue-generating activities. The solution architects will help design and ensure adherence to the design of multiple global digital products being developed within Carrier Digital. This role will work on a range of software products critical to Carrier's continued business growth. The Architects will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business and technology issues from strategy to execution. Pre-sales Solutions Architects will help identify, qualify and close business in the region. Solution Architects are product and application experts for Carrier's Abound suite of solutions. Solution Architects apply this product and domain expertise to support all technical Presales activities including but not limited to, evaluating Customer needs and applying solutions to resolve or improve outcomes, diagnosing customer concerns, delivering presentations and demonstrations, responding to customer technical issues and questions, contributing to RFI/RFP responses, and in general working with the sales organization to identify and close targeted opportunities. Solution Architects are also involved in limited post-sales activities by delivering product training or participating in Professional Services work. In addition, Solution Architects are a key source of market research by identifying and documenting future product and application requirements. 50% travel is required.
Carrier is a global leader in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Refrigeration, and Fire & Security segments with an unmatched product and service portfolio. Carrier's Digital Products and Software team is responsible for a range of high-impact digital products to drive profitable growth for the company. This team brings together exceptional talent to have an unparalleled impact on the company's direction. In addition to a rewarding experience on a high-performing team, this experience will position the right candidate for a strong career trajectory at Carrier.
You will solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. You should have deep problem-solving skills, technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. This position will significantly impact the tech agenda within the organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next-generation technology solutions across a global organization.
As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills.
- A complete understanding of the software development life cycle, from customer needs to product releases, is essential. Hands-on experience with development tools & dev-ops is required.
- Expertise and domain knowledge in developing, maintaining reusable software services, and infrastructure for promoting the reuse of services/ components/ libraries.
- The ability to analyze software services for reuse potential is critical for the success of the candidate. A deep understanding of standard practices of open-source software development tools and methodology is absolute.
- Good experience working on the Latest Digital technologies.
- Expertise in developing and deploying solutions in a server less AWS environment. Proficiency with other cloud development is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability and hands-on experience in developing one or more of the above-mentioned software technologies to deliver industrial products is a must.
- Strong experience in driving process standardization and driving process change across teams is essential. Passion for driving change and experience in change management is critical for success.
- Ability to conduct architecture reviews and provide technical feedback
- Playing an active role in the development and deployment of global standard workDrive agile software governance.
- Provide a regular report out to higher levels for leadership on the progress to bring alignment.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills & ability to influence across organization levels.
- Experience mentoring, coaching, developing, and inspiring people and teams.
- Team player with a positive, collaborative work ethic. Enjoys collaborating with design, product, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working in Pre-sales for a Software Company
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.