Pre-sales Engineer at AvePoint (Washington DC)
Want a role where you can utilize your technical expertise and customer facing skills in the dynamic tech industry? This position is your opportunity to succeed as a pre-sales professional, allowing you to work with state of the art software offerings. We’ll provide you with continuous training and mentorship to help you on your way to success as a sales engineer.
What will you be doing?
Your job is to partner with our sales executives as the key technical lead throughout the sales lifecycle of our business. Through this partnership, you will work in a consultative role to assist in the successful closing of new deals by performing technical presentations of AvePoint solutions and pre-sales support to our prospective and returning customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Presenting and demonstrating AvePoint’s product offerings relevant to customer objectives remotely and on-site
- Successfully facilitating solution discovery, solution overview, and technical deep dive sessions with customers.
- Communicating with prospective customers, assisting and guiding them through their evaluation and selection process
- Building environments tailored to customer requirements as proof of concept during the sales lifecycle to illustrate product capabilities and how they align specifically with customer objectives
- Participating in writing proposals in response to RFIs / RFPs that showcase how the AvePoint product line can satisfy customer requirements with attractive return on their investment
- Sharing information with the sales and technical teams about our products and the market
- Acting as the customer advocate and liaison to the AvePoint product management and development teams
- Helping the sales team identify and understand customer business objectives and organization to best align AvePoint technology
- Establishing relationships with key customer business and technical advocates that have the power to drive long-term AvePoint solution adoption within their company
- Developing customer’s buying vision for how AvePoint can help them reduce costs and increase business agility
- Supporting AvePoint Partner and Marketing teams with their field activities
- Ownership of technical sales opportunity closure
OK, I'm interested... is this the job for me?
We look for people who value agility, passion and teamwork; those who can bring fresh ideas to the table and want the opportunity to learn, grow, and expand their careers. Bring your aptitude and build upon what you do best for our customers, partners, team, and you.
You’re tasked with serving as a key technical resource through the sales cycle. That means you’ll need to become an authority in the features and benefits of our software and services solutions to properly educate customers, gain consensus, and demonstrate value solving their SharePoint and Office 365 concerns.
Other qualities you will need to be a fit for this role include:
- BA/BS Degree (Computer, Technology and Engineering majors preferred) OR 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working within the Public Sector and/or Fed/Civ industry
- Confident and enthusiastic presentation skills
- Quick and self-motivated learner
- Advanced business and technical communication skills – can lead conversations to align technical value to client’s business needs
- Readiness to think strategically to help close deals using technical knowledge coupled with sales mentality
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with customers and colleagues
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- Authoritative business analysis capabilities
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Experience in ITPro related topics such as server and software installation, configuration and administration, especially for Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure technologies
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory, SMTP, and DHCP technologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, and Active Directory
- Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint architecture, components, and configuration, including the differences between SharePoint versions and hybrid architecture
- Broader knowledge of server and cloud offerings in the tech industry i.e. Office 365, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud is strongly preferred.
Check out our careers blog for content on our people, culture, and workplace!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AvePoint promotes and maintains a drug-free workplace.