Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more work done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
In 2020, Upwork launched a channel specific to Private Equity & Venture Capital.
In this role you will make immediate contributions to the organization by securing and fostering partnerships within the Private Equity community with the intent of driving adoption of Upwork across their investment portfolio. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for hunting, building relationships, are detail oriented and have a ‘builder’ mentality. This role will work with cross-functional partners internally, allowing you the opportunity to contribute to the channel sales strategies. In addition, you will also learn a lot about the inner workings of the Private Equity industry and have the opportunity to work deals through the full sales cycle, and coach and enable internal sales team members on how they can leverage your partnerships to close deals.
- Account Executive is assigned to strategic Private Equity accounts and their respective portfolio companies
- Generates new business opportunities by executing new partnership agreements, nurturing those relationships and working alongside sales reps prospecting directly into the portfolio
- Develops and maintains world class relationships with Investment Partners that establish Upwork as a preferred talent vendor in the market
- Oversees sales cycle from opportunity creation to close to increase revenue
- Works closely with Director of Channel Sales to execute on marketing and enablement initiatives to grow the business
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3-5 years of progressively increased responsibilities in outbound sales or business development experience preferred
- Have showcased success (metrics) in an earlier role; Proven track record of managing successful partnership relationships to generate and close a pipeline of new business opportunities
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills (outgoing and personable) Intelligent, motivated and competitive with a “roll-up-the-sleeves” and “get the job done” attitude
- Moderate understanding of Private Equity, Venture Capital, M&A & Investment Banking (Existing network is preferred)
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.