Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Paper is looking to hire a Partnership Manager to join our Midwest Team. Members of Paper's sales team must be both tenacious and emotionally intelligent in your approach to cultivating customer interest and new business opportunities. Partnership Managers will write compelling prospecting emails, and follow up with insightful phone interactions, to ensure Paper understands and can meet each prospect's unique goals and needs. The ultimate goal is to produce valuable partnerships that benefit Paper, the customer and education as a whole. Success is measured through revenue booked from new sales.
This position can be located in any geography in the Midwest.
- Articulate the Paper value proposition, to assess customer goals, needs and buying interest.
- Create a positive first impression with our prospects and customers by providing them with a world-class experience.
- Send precisely written business emails, and conduct highly effective follow-up phone calls, on a daily basis.
- Qualify sales opportunities by prospecting.
- Overcome customer objections to generate quality opportunities.
- Consistently achieve individual and team quotas and KPIs.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Customer Success teams to establish ways to improve our sales strategy and execution.
- Experience selling in the Midwest region.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with successful product sales.
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills.
- B2B sales experience.
- Experience working with a quota and commission plan.
- Team oriented and comfortable being both a leader and a support member.
- Strong listening skills and ability to understand unique customer problems.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Motivation, driven and a self-starting attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with public and private education system.
- Familiarity with technology and fast growth start-ups.
- Track record of success in personal endeavors.
- Familiarity with CRM software.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetups.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- 24/7 access to Paper for family members K-12.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.