Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are looking for a Partner Success Manager who will help us manage day to day relationships between Next and our strategic partners. An example of a Next partner is QuickBooks, the leading bookkeeping platform for small businesses. QuickBooks has integrated with Next to provide an easy business insurance onboarding experience directly from a customer’s QuickBooks online account.
As a member of the Partner Success team, you will manage our partnerships and grow these partnerships to meet key business metrics via various partner programs, go-to-market initiatives, and new integrations. This is a critical role on the Partnerships team. The qualified candidate will have a good mix of skills that includes an ability to understand a variety of partnerships and their value propositions, strong communication skills to build and deepen partner relationships, an ability to work effectively cross-functionally with both internal and external teams, and a desire to drive significant growth of our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Own strategically important and complex partnerships with little predefined structure
- Create short-term initiatives to grow new written premium while crafting long-term account strategy
- Be responsible for all aspects of partner growth: prioritization and execution of strategic business initiatives; financial assessment and forecasting; structuring and negotiation of new projects; and ongoing partner management
- Maintain direct relationships with partners, proactively resolving issues and creating value
- Drive regular business reviews with partners to update ongoing projects and business performance
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Legal, serving as an advocate for your partners while balancing Next’s goals
- Lead cross-functional initiatives with internal and external teams
- Dive deep into partner performance data; identifying performance trends and providing recommendations for better partner performance
What We Need:
- 8+ years of professional experience with a minimum of 4+ years of partnerships and/or client-facing experience, with a successful track record of managing business relationships and cross-functional projects
- Executes quickly with minimal guidance, and can manage small working groups independently
- Makes prudent business decision independently, and viewed as 'thought-leader' by partners
- Experience building and managing relationships with senior business leaders, both internally and externally
- Able to guide and influence the work of other teams, both internally at Next and externally at the partner
- BA/BS required
- Exposure to working in a startup environment
- Experience using a data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau, Looker or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter; demonstrated ability to lead a decision or idea from inception through implementation
- Growth mindset; you love to learn and think ahead
- MBA or relevant graduate degree a bonus
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.