Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Partner Development Manager who builds, facilitates, and drives new partner acquisitions in the Americas (North, Central, and South America) region to support our global revenue goals. The Partnerships Manager is an individual contributor role reporting to the Go-to-Market Head of Partnerships based in the US. As seed hires for the region, you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the Americas market. If you are a high-performing individual looking to impact a rapidly growing Partnerships & Sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.
The candidate should be a seasoned Channel & Alliances professional with direct experience working in the Cloud industry, specifically IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS. Key responsibilities will include Identifying appropriate partners to target:
- Driving the necessary business and technical relationships.
- Establishing a new business in those partnerships.
- Research and identify partner targets
- Qualify partners for fit and interest
- Launch initial business relationship
- Understand and align partners business model
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners and continue to build new partnerships.
- Use Social Selling techniques to expand your network and open up new business opportunities.
- Program enrollment
- Structure, negotiate and close strategic partnerships agreements.
- Introduction to virtual teams
- Develop Business Plan
- Establish and manage enablement plan with DigitalOcean teams
- Provide technical guidance
- Provide pre-sales training
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop pipeline generation campaigns
- Interlock with Business Development Representatives, Business Development Managers, Solution Engineers, and Regional Leads about channel strategy and partnerships
- Provide Co-selling support
- Facilitate triangulation of partnerships between builders, resellers, and managed services providers
- Drive partners on lead generation and pipeline development
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to explore, plan, and execute partnerships
- Manage multi-region or multi-practice partnerships until fully aligned with DO offerings to achieve sales targets
- Collaborate with Business Development Sales as required
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas.
- Document and track within a Salesforce CRM system, which will be critical to your success
Intimate knowledge of the Americas market in a partner development-focused role.
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a partner development/sales environment.
- Ability to establish strong network/relationships and build strategic relationships
- Be curious about emerging trends in the local cloud services market and create and capitalize on opportunities.
- Ability to work independently to identify, evaluate, generate new business opportunities, and drive them to closure.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks.
Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus.
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate solution value propositions.
- High-level technical aptitude to understand our products and how they fit together.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, explaining technical concepts in clear and concise terms.
- Ability to quickly synthesize and put to use new information.
- Experience in SFDC is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
Be curious and ask questions.Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!