Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 120+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
The small but mighty Partnerships Development team is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to drive relationships and development for our future top sellers, media and brand partners. You will be at the forefront of a cross functional, multi disciplinary group supporting the development of a wide variety of sellers on Whatnot for the Go To Market team. The Partner Development Manager will be a foundational role to building long-standing businesses with our partners. If you possess strong relationship-building skills, love helping people and businesses grow, being part of a new team, and enjoy working cross-functionally to bring to life and launch our key partners, this is the role of a lifetime.
The Partner Development team is seeking a go-getter who will help drive growth and impact for sellers within our platform, enabling us to build life changing business on Whatnot. As we are in the early days, you will also identify new ways to grow the Seller Development Programs at scale to deliver great impact so both sellers and Whatnot can continue to build together in the many years to come.
Reporting to the Head of Partner Development, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable in a high growth environment, can make quick decisions, loves talking to sellers about their business, and takes a proactive and strategic approach to partner management. You have past experience helping grow content creators/businesses, and have the ability to bridge short term priorities with longer term strategy. Further, operational excellence is in your DNA and you love managing a robust pipeline, using Salesforce, diving into data and reporting key metrics. Specifically,
- Build, launch and iterate on a game plan that will help sellers grow a long term business on Whatnot.
- Nuture incredibly strong relationships with our sellers
- Scale, and optimize sellers businesses beyond launch, identifying incremental, mutually beneficial opportunities to help them grow
- Support our GTM team with operational excellence including pipeline updates and communications, weekly tracking, progress on seller growth and any blockers.
- Work collaboratively & cross-functionally with Partnerships, Go to Market, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams and over communicate to each stakeholder to share our learnings and feedback that continue to deliver impact.
- 5+ years of experience in a partner-facing role in the Internet, media/entertainment, and/or BD/Partnerships role
- Passion for the future of e-comm and working with various sellers, media companies, and brand partners across wide range of categories including Sports, Entertainment, Fashion, Music, Arts + Crafts, Pokemon, Funko, Comics, and various other collectibles categories
- Experience prioritizing and effectively motivating internal and external stakeholders to work towards a common goal
- Experience developing strong relationships with Partners to help enable long term growth and scale in a e-comm setting
- Experience managing a pipeline of Partners through a CRM system
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams to collaborate, and successfully build businesses and brands
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience working within a seller academy or Partner Development Program
- Experience building a business from the ground up
- Passion for creator communities and/or existing Whatnot product categories (e.g. vintage clothing, collectibles).
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- Paid Parental Leave
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Whatnot provides a $20,000 annual allowance towards Nannies, Daycare, and Caregiving support
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.