Outside Sales Rep - (Remote USA) at DAT
DAT is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for a New Business Development Representative to join our exciting new DAT iQ Shipper sales team.
This is your opportunity to bring your background in logistics and technology sales to drive growth of a new market: DAT iQ for the Shipper category.
We’re looking for a strong sales representative with full sales cycle experience, who will be responsible for lead generation, sales cycle management, and driving deals to close.
Capitalizing on DAT’s strong subscription base in North America, you’ll introduce buyers to a new level of competency in market trends and research on transportation pricing.
This fully remote, work from home opportunity, is open to applicants who are full time residents of the following states:
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MT, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- 5 years business development experience in the transportation, brokerage or supply chain software business.
- Strong lead development experience.
- A solutions oriented, consultative approach to influencing decision-makers and senior executives in transportation/supply chain/procurement.
- Adept at learning new concepts and technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Operate independently in a sales role, focus your talents and skills on developing new customers and growing a new business segment for DAT.
- Develop new leads, and follow the process through to close.
- Expand the range of SaaS solutions that DAT delivers to clients.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Need
- 5 years transportation brokerage or supply chain software business development experience.
- Exceptional outbound lead generation experience.
- Experience managing a pipeline of prospects, and driving next steps.
- A poised approach to demonstrating software.
- A collaborative approach to working with marketing and sales team on campaigns.
- Sales reporting/ tracking experience (Salesforce experience is a plus).
- Experience with MS Office, Google Suite; Tableau experience is a plus.
- Experience with the sales contracting process.
- This position can be performed remotely by the right candidate, or based in a city with a DAT office.
- DAT provides a laptop and optional equipment as needed for productivity. A hard-wired connection from the laptop to the router/modem with an ethernet cable is required. Wireless, satellite, microwave, and cellular hotspot connections do not qualify because they can compromise security and call stability.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)