Hapn builds innovative GPS tracking hardware and software for businesses with complex physical operations such as construction, energy, asset rental, professional services, and more. The GPS Tracking category is littered with legacy software providers with outdated technology. Our groundbreaking IoT platform and technology make it simple for business owners and managers to track, protect, and optimize their physical operations from anywhere—giving them the complete visibility and control they need to run more efficient and profitable businesses. Our mission is to provide businesses the tools to automate their physical operations and run them virtually on autopilot.
About This Opportunity
Hapn is looking to build a Business Development team to greatly expand the acquisition of new business customers. The Business Development team members will spearhead all our sales efforts by handling our lead generation activities and ensuring our Account Executives have a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates to contact and close.
You’ll be joining the department at the ground floor, which means there will be abundant opportunity to help shape our processes, learn new skills, tackle emerging challenges, and grow professionally.
How You’ll Help Us Succeed
The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, has a competitive edge, and possesses excellent phone and email skills. Your ability to quickly assess opportunities and track them in our CRM will be critical to your success. A self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to learn and adjust on the fly will excel in this role. Daily tasks include:
- Perform outbound prospecting (calls, emails, social media outreach) and qualify target prospects from Hapn’s lead database.
- Identify correct contacts in order to learn more about company objectives, pain points, processes and opportunities for improvement.
- Use industry insights in a consultative way to discuss areas of business improvement with a prospect.
- Identify opportunities and pain points within a prospect's business and create interest in our solutions based on improving business issues.
- Schedule discovery meetings for Account Executives to further assess a prospect’s business and potential for partnership.
- Take impeccable notes and utilize automation within our CRM, HubSpot.
- Produce leads & locate potential through online research, email campaigns, cold calls, social media, conference/trade show meetings, etc.
- Locate potential new clients through all avenues including online research, event marketing, call-driven, and outside drop-ins.
- Demonstrate exceptional questioning and qualification skills, with proven evidence of reaching sales objectives
- Experience qualifying and suggesting new products and services to prospects is a plus
- Ability to uncover needs through a consultative approach
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and flexibly work in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
- Organized, self-motivated, eager to win
- HubSpot experience a plus
Base salary range is $40k to $50k based on geography and experience + commission
- Fully remote position
- Base Salary, performance incentives, and career advancement opportunity
- Equity Plan
- Generous Vacation & PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance & Flexible Spending Account
- 100% company-paid insurance option for individuals
- Self-directed 401K
- Paid Family Leave
- Fitness Allowance
- Company reimburses up to $50/month of the cost of a gym membership, a fitness class, a personal trainer or sports league