North America Sales Director at PPG
| Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:35 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 14, 2022
As a Sales Team Director , you will work under the direction of the GM, Industrial Coatings Americas to support the profitable sales growth for USCA Industrial Coatings business. Specifically, the position is responsible for maintaining sales and growing share of wallet at existing accounts as well as developing business at new accounts. Using programs and developing new initiatives, the incumbent will support the business objectives for sales, profitability, expense control and working capital. Close collaboration between the strategic account managers, other sales managers, technology centers, marketing, product management, customer service, technical service and other PPG staff is critical to the success of the business.
- Supports the business objectives for sales, profitability, overhead, expense control and working capital.
- Responsible for the development and execution of segment, region, and customer sales strategies and relevant items. This includes sales team structure, selling process, pipeline management, contract management and negotiation strategies, selling machine initiatives such as ClientLink, and sales tool development.
- Leads and advises activities for sales and technical service teams responsible for account service, business management, and growth initiatives.
- Advises category management efforts within general industrial segments for focus product technologies to achieve sales, profit, market share and operating efficiency goals.
- Outstanding negotiator, with proven experience growing customer's sales and comfortable advising investors on ways to increase their market share.
- Supports management of the collective account base and associated administration including but not limited to pricing, order management, accounts receivable collections and other related items.
- Ensures close cooperation between the strategic account managers, other sales managers, technical sales and service representatives, technical service representatives, technology centers, marketing, product management, customer service, manufacturing, and other PPG staff is critical to the success of the business.
- Business degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years proven track record in growing sales, with at least 1 in refinish or related environment, with an aptitude towards consultative selling
- Ability to operate and communicate optimally with all customers from senior management through to body shop technicians.
- Financial analysis skills, ability to understand balance sheets and basic business management propositions
- Excellent communications skills in the followiing writing, IT presentations, public speaking and one to one
- Strong personal motivation, willingness to learn and adapt to different business priorities
- Clean driving license
- Meaningful travel 50%
- Focus on results, drive change, promote teamwork, build trust & respect, and understand market & customer perspectives
- Attend to detail, plan and organize, communicate and share information and build strong working relationships
More Information on PPG
PPG operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Pittsburgh, PA, Allison Park, PA, Richmond, VA, Boston, MA, Cleveland, OH and Fort Myers, FL. PPG was founded in 1883. It has 24987 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 59 open jobs at PPG, click here.
Read Full Job Description