Urology – National
The Urology National Sales Director is responsible for all activities related to the creation and implementation of divisional business plans. It is imperative the individual brings solid Urology experience to the organization. The NSD is responsible for the selection, hiring, training, development, and management of a single team of ten urology focused Regional Managers (URM) covering the US. The NSD is responsible for each URM in the development implementation of regional business plans and ensuring they have appropriate tools for success. The NSD will be responsible for managing business results, sales activities, and cross-functional initiatives in their division and for making the day-to-day decisions required to manage their region’s business activities. Securing and analyzing relevant information, knowledge of regions, market intelligence, to identify key issues/opportunities and KOL’s. The NSD takes into consideration strategic objectives, resource constraints and organizational values while making decisions. The NSD ensures communications with and for our key stakeholders is consistent with our vision and values and contributes to the organization’s business goals.
The sales and marketing team collectively seeks to maximize the number of appropriate patients tested while focusing on customers and minimizing costs to further increase global access to genetic testing. The NSD champions the vision and values from a sales perspective to support the strategic goals and mission of the Company:
- Achievement of national sales objectives and expenses
- Development and execution of a divisional business plan that aligns with the company strategy
- Direct execution of sales strategies and tactics, and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Manages divisions sales budgets, ensuring return on investment spend.
- Works collaboratively with Channel Development and Managed Care to maximize sales to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- Develop and maintain KOL relationships
- On an on-going basis, evaluate performance of their team members and ensures they receive the appropriate feedback and training to be successful
- Addresses performance issues immediately and professionally with team members
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge.
- Assist global commercial leader in planning and conducting global sales meetings
- Assist in overall sales onboarding to ensure all URM’s have product knowledge and applications and enhance and that develop sales and business skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sciences or related field
- Urology experience is required
- 10 years experience in a relevant industry/commercial environment as a sales professional and sales manager
- Prior management experience in leading field representatives is preferred
- Knowledge of, and experience in the Diagnostic/Genetics industry strongly preferred
- Experience in the Oncology markets preferred
- Experience within complex selling environments, managed care knowledge and ability to prioritize and align organizational goals and objectives with selling process
- Success in recruiting, hiring developing and retaining top talent required
- Ability to travel extensively required
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.