Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is searching for Inside Account Executives in Austin, TX to help us to leverage our highly profitable monthly cloud subscription service ("Elastic as a Service"). Our Inside Account Executives will join a team enjoying significant growth as we seek to service customers who consume our products "As a Service". The overall goal is to align the benefits of Elastic's cloud solutions to solve customers' challenges and ensure customers' success.
Are you ready to help users seek their hardest problems through the power of search? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
The Inside Account Executive at Elastic is responsible for the full sales cycle from initial outbound prospecting, securing first meeting, demo, negotiation, and through to contract sign-off. You will be encouraged to map out accounts for your assigned territory and/or verticals using a combination of outbound calls, LinkedIn messaging, and creative ideas to help you build an organic pipeline. In addition to your own prospecting activities, you will also work closely with sales development representatives to prospect and handle inbound leads. As the Account Executive on your sales opportunities, you will take ownership for the initial contact discovering business needs and challenges, demo our platform to a technical audience and run with a proof of concept to get technical sign-off and navigate contract negotiations whilst maintaining high value for our solution.What you will be doing:
You will have experience in leading full sales cycles, navigating organizations to build engagements with multiple partners. You are a positive individual who sees challenges as opportunities and has the ability to empower and lead by example. We are looking for goal-oriented candidates who understand how to build a plan for business development across a territory. The AE acts as the primary contact for prospects maintaining the relationship from the Elastic side.
- Identify and prospect into target accounts
- Meet activity targets for calls/emails/meetings
- Understand the Elastic technology platform and be able to present outstanding business value to prospects
- Implement MEDDICC Selling methodology/sales process to move prospects through the sales cycle
- Assist prospects progress through the sales cycle by engaging our presales, product, and management teams
- Learn how Elastic solves customer problems and be able to tailor the solution to different types of customers and use cases
- 2+ years of direct selling experience
- 1+ year direct closing experience
- SaaS experience preferred
- Experience in prospecting and outbound outreach to book first contact meetings
- Experience in managing a full sales cycle and documenting activity in a CRM
- Motivated self-starter, able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with both written and verbal with competent presentation skills
- Proven experience in negotiating new business opportunities
- Proof of meeting or exceeding sales targets in a software sales role
- Manage and fill a pipeline with limited help from an inside Market Development Team
The Global Cloud Inside Account Executive role will be based out of our Elastic workspace located in Austin, TX.
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for transfers in the US in this role is between $127,200-$175,000, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is still eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering. For compensation ranges outside of the US, reach out to [email protected]
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.