At the root of great products and great design is deep understanding. That’s where dscout comes in. Companies that care about experiences rely on our products, services, and expertise to make accessing human insight easily and broadly accessible. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to join our Sales Team. You will work with some of the most innovative companies in the world to equip them with the qualitative research tools they need to become more customer-centric. You specialize in a sales process that involves behavior change on the client-side and you recognize this through all aspects of the sales funnel with a continuous eye toward driving revenue. Our most successful Account Executives are consultative and looked upon by our customers as thought partners. You uncover business pains and deliver tailored demonstrations and consultations to help prospects understand the importance of iterative research methods. While you often lead by example, you are humble enough to be receptive to coaching, training, and feedback from peers. If you are excited about the opportunity to champion modern qualitative research solutions with large, innovative clients, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Construct, forecast, manage, and grow sales activity and pipeline to meet (and exceed) revenue targets and company goals
- Educate our client prospects on modern qualitative research solutions, convey the potential impact on their products and strategies, and support the client’s internal championing of making research an everyday habit across the client’s organization
- Develop strong, long-lasting relationships with Fortune 500 clients and their executives
- Navigate clients through the various stages of the sales cycle
- Identify opportunities by expanding business through discovery conversations and developing an effective, robust consultative sales process
- Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to build a strong and reliable sales opportunity pipeline
- Contribute to the dscout Sales Playbook to make the whole team stronger
- Lead with curiosity by asking great questions to help uncover value
- Collaborate with your partners in account management and customer success to ensure long term client value
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- A minimum of two years of experience in sales, with a strong preference for Enterprise, B2B, research software, or other relevant roles in a SaaS company
- A successful track record of selling enterprise solutions into Fortune 500 companies
- A record of meeting and exceeding quota (i.e., consistent top 20% performer)
- A demonstrated strategic and behavior-oriented sales approach, with a focus on building client relationships through a consultative lens
- Proven mastery of building and managing your pipeline, as well as creating and sustaining sales momentum
What is nice to have (let’s call them Additional Skills):
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Zoom, and other sales tools
- Experience in closing large deals of $75,000 ARR or greater
- Experience closing complex sales cycles in competitive markets
- Knowledge of the state of experience research across multiple industries
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Managing a trial or “proof of concept” to sell an annual or multi-annual contract.
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office at this time.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to supporting our team.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company, including open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. We are committed to helping build your future.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, that is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in and working from there. Read more about our new office space here!
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.