Mid Market Account Executive - Japan at Fastly (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Mid Market Account Executive
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology and now we are changing how CDN is sold. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer and delivers custom solutions. We focus on creating a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The sales team’s focus is driving revenue, adoption and market penetration in targeted accounts. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect and software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
What You'll Do
- Accountable for driving new business and logos across multiple verticals (Commerce, Hightech, Fintech, and Education), while meeting or exceeding quota goals in the Japan market
- Effectively and autonomously deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, and product demonstrations
- Work with Sales Management to prepare and lead proposals, quotes, and contracts
- Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer happiness
- Lead all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation, closing steps, and account management
- Use all available tools to prospect effectively and maintain activity metrics provided by Sales Managers
- Work with the Sales Manager to map new accounts (incl. key stakeholders and business requirements), develop account plans and penetrate new logos and additional business units in large complex organizations.
- Develop a deal framework for all deals set to close, including necessary stakeholders, results and timelines for both sides. Be able to communicate this effectively to the customer. Coordinate Eval/POC with the customer. Validate success criteria using the appropriate testing methodology
- Identify prospects’ issues, recognize requirements, and effectively articulate potential solutions utilizing the Fastly value proposition and use cases. Offer methods of validating the theses
- Adhere to territory assignment and pass off conversations that fall into other reps' areas of responsibility
- Use SFDC to maintain updated account/contact information, forecast revenue, track sales activity, and build target lists using reports
- Provide insight into the market based on first line experience
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience across Japan
- Passion for working in a multifaceted, collaborative, and purpose driven environment.
- Experience running a sales pipeline and driving partnerships to closure.
- Experience selling CDN, Edge Compute, or Developer Focused Tools
- Fluency in Japanese
- Ability to travel to visit customers and attend trade shows/events as needed.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Domestic travel up to 30% will be required for this position when Covid-19 considerations allow.
We welcome remote working in Japan for this position. Ge in touch if you would love to hear more about Fastly and this exciting new position on our team!
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.