Mid-Market Account Executive (Canada) (Remote) at Twilio
See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Mid-Market Account Executive (Canada).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As an AE, you will be responsible for selling to prospective and existing Mid Market customers in Canada, developing a relationship as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. Mid-Market Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for developing the next wave of Twilio’s customers with companies that have >100 employees and <2,000. AEs build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executives (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to develop sales by understanding and uncovering new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication solutions.
Since we are new to the Canadian market, you will also help us shape and grow the business in a fast paced, collaborative and fun atmosphere. The right candidate will have a defined, consultative sales process to discover and close new logos while continuing to develop and increase Twilio’s portfolio in their current customer base. Our AEs develop an understanding of their customers’ businesses, conduct sales presentations, site visits and product demonstrations while representing Twilio in a consistent, effective and professional manner.
In this role, you will:
- Cross-sell, upsell and acquire new logos from within your defined territory to attain your Sales Targets
- Develop and implement a comprehensive territory plan while conducting territory visits to meet customers face to face or on video at least 50% of your work time
- Generate and deliver sales plans with your cross-functional partners to reliably drive predictable sales cycles
- Forecast the business and maintain up to date and accurate data within SFDC
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4-7+ yrs of quota carrying and account management experience in success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market to small Enterprise companies. Consistent over-achievement in past experiences.
- Credible, trusted partner with customers and their executive team.
- Outstanding prospecting abilities. Someone who is comfortable generating the bulk of their own pipeline.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for sales activity management, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales processes and capability to build compelling business cases as part of your sales methodology.
- Ruthlessly prioritize and lead multiple projects/deals at the same time
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Outgoing. Self-starter. Productive. Driven.
- Strong sales discovery, objection handling, business, and closing skills.
- Resourceful, coachable, desire to overachieve
- Demonstrated ability to close 6-figure deals.
- Proficiency in French to serve the Quebec market
This role will be located in our Toronto, Canada office. Approximately 10-20% travel is anticipated, depending on your assigned territory.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.