Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, great teammates, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you enjoy solving big problems and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, this is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The Manager of Merchant Sales, LifeMart is responsible for securing new merchant partnerships for the LifeMart platform. The goal is to expand the quality and quantity of our merchant base in strategically assigned areas of need. This role entails both selling advertising on the platform, and also procuring and developing new performance-based partnerships. While the primary objective is to secure great discounts for our members, the role will also entail meeting a quota in terms of adding revenue to the LifeMart team. Additionally, it is encouraged the role will support the CSM team in securing client-related merchant requests and other strategically motivated initiatives as dictated by management.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Develop and procure qualified leads for the new merchant channel via cold calling, networking, attending industry trade shows, and using internal resources to uncover new target companies.
- Do presentations/proposals for qualified prospects.
- Orchestrate the due diligence process for onboarding all new merchant partners.
- Move qualified prospects which meet our new merchant requirements into the proposal funnel, and move the best few prospects into the closing queue.
- Arrange the best possible financial structure including revenue share (commission, CPA, CPL, etc.), advertising spend or hybrid revenue model approaches.
- Handle outstanding offers when applicable to ensure maximum savings opportunities for LifeMart members.
- Execute contracts and corresponding paperwork (e.g. Marketing Service Orders, etc.).
- Upon completion of the signing of contracts, seamlessly transition new accounts to the LifeMart Client Services Team.
- Provide sales and or Account Management duties when required on accounts that are procured and closed by the Sales Manager.
- Support the sales team to integrate LifeMart into new client opportunities.
- Act as the subject matter specialist and key contact for CSMs on LifeMart's new merchant plans and pipeline.
- Support VP Business Development in ongoing partnership opportunities.
- Provide ideas, contacts, and sales support as vital on new merchant partner opportunities.
- Represent LifeMart at related industry seminars/conferences.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years of sales; or demonstrated experience.
- Expertise in selling advertising and consultative sales.
- Strong business development, relationship management, and strategy skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and social skills are required.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, customer oriented, and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently negotiate the best financial terms and deals.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Proven background managing multiple assignments effectively.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills are crucial.
- Standout Colleague: willing to really commit on a small team to complete the tasks at hand.
- Some travel may be required.
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).