Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for partnering with sales leadership to exceed objectives through the optimization of people, processes, and technology. You will have ownership of process and sales effectiveness. In addition, you will act as a strategic partner by providing ongoing daily support to the organization, and building strong relationships cross-functionally to grow the sales team.Your Responsibilities:
- Align sales and marketing on common targets for the new deal pipeline.
- Provide insights and analysis to help sales prioritize leads and accounts, and drive process improvement throughout the funnel for our new business and growth teams.
- Partner with leadership to continuously improve the sales process and drive sales productivity by adding valued features into our CRM and finding ways for sales to do their daily job in a more efficient manner.
- Maintain responsibility for the end-to-end customer journey to define the strategy, requirements, process, and adoption for systems and tools. You will also be working closely with Marketing, Sales, Success and Talent Services.
- Automate the quote to order process with Salesforce CPQ to ensure compliant deals are sold. Enable sales to scale, close and expand more/larger deals more efficiently.
- Partnering with our sales enablement team to lead change management for new processes.
- You will also own quarterly operational reviews with sales and partner with finance on the forecasting process.
- Proven and relevant sales operations and/or sales management experience
- Validated experience using Salesforce.com with admin privileges
- Understanding of Enterprise Sales business models and Marketplace experience or usage based business models a plus
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative skills and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.