Manager, Sales Engineering at 8x8 (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:04 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Location US (Remote) West coast preferred
The 8x8 Sales Engineering Manager leads sales engineering through all new and adds-on sales engagements. This individual will direct the activities and goals of the Sales Engineering team.
He/She will work closely with the Sales Director to qualify prospective clients for 8x8 products and services within North America. This role will also provide guidance/mentoring to sales engineers. The role requires a high degree of organization as it often involves managing many opportunities at once. A deep understanding of the UCaaS and CCaaS. A key member of the customer-facing sales team has a primary responsibility to lead a team of up to roughly 10 pre-sales engineering resources for all 8x8 products and services. This role will interact directly with all levels of management on customer accounts. One of the goals of a Sales Engineering Manager at 8x8 is to ensure the constant advancement of the Sales Engineers in their skills and knowledge to effectively compete in a global marketplace.
- Hire and Lead a world-class team focused on delivering a unique, differentiated customer experience
- Partner with the team to evaluate new technical solutions to meet or exceed prospect and customer requirements
- Build development plans for team members to ensure successful onboarding and continuing education of the team
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Balance the workload of the Sales Engineering team with input from the Account Executives and Regional Sales Leaders
- Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to Sales Engineers, and in turn to prospects and customers
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products, and services
- Support and participate with the Sales Engineers in performing advanced technical presentations for customers, and prospects, remotely and in-person
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of all 8x8 applications and products
- Represent 8x8 at conferences, industry, and sales events
- 3+ years of experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Sales Engineer in unified communication and contact center. UCaaS /CCaaS is a plus
- 3+ years of management or leadership experience is preferred
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership to the account team and engineers
- Ability to teach other members of the team and effectively manage a team of highly skilled Sales Engineers
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams
- Ability to apply solutions, technology, and products to a business opportunity.
- Willingness to travel throughout the assigned region both by air and by car
What We Offer
- We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a great work-life balance with some extra Rejuven8 days.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- The estimated pay range for this position is $150k-$210k OTE; however, the compensation offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, success, education, and/or geographical market. The range is based on 8x8's good faith belief at the time of this posting.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Español.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at [email protected] (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
More Information on 8x8
8x8 operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Campbell, CA and New York, NY. 8x8 was founded in 2022. It has 2147 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 59 open jobs at 8x8, click here.
Read Full Job Description