Manager, Sales Engineering
Joining Collibra’s Sales Engineering Team:
- The Manager, Sales Engineering will work closely with sales management, technical leadership, and other executive personnel within Collibra to drive revenue by ensuring that the team is well-prepared to offer pre-sales services, influencing the development of solutions, and helping to define pre- and post-sales programs and services to ensure customer success.
- This individual will work closely with his/her management team to ensure pre-sales engagements are appropriately resourced and optimized for producing a software license and work with partners relative to services offerings.
- This individual must have experience working closely with sales leadership to ensure that there is complete alignment between Collibra’s pre-sales and sales strategies.
Manager, Sales Engineering is responsible for:
- Building and coaching a high-performing pre-sales team. You will always act as a recruiter to match our company growth and also be a player-coach willing to engage first hand when applicable.
- Lead performance management initiatives and act as a mentor to develop your direct reports
- Collaborate with sales, management, customer and support staff for maximum effectiveness
- Drive customer success, sales methodology and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement.
- Primary technical advisor to numerous AVP’s of Sales across the organization(s). Frequent meetings with Customers and Partners; ability to effectively sell Collibra’s unique value proposition.
- Work closely with the marketing and products organizations to establish process and procedures to ensure that the SE organization contributes to best-practices and competitive and solution information. Continuous improvement of programs and processes. Effective utilization of leading measurements & metrics with strict adherence to CRM hygiene.
- 5+ years management experience with proven success building & managing a world-class technical pre-sales organization. Experience managing remote/field employees
- Broad knowledge of data governance, data catalog, data quality, and data privacy platforms. Experience should include broad range of disciplines including value-based selling, cost-benefit analysis and ROI analysis, process and project management, and familiarity with challenger sales methodology
- Proficiency in SQL and related scripting languages. Comfortable with the leading PaaS providers, Data Lakes, Databases, and Integration platforms
- Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an organization
- Experience and success in a partner-heavy environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or mathematics preferred
- A proven self-starter and able to act autonomously using your knowledge of pre-sales operationalization (KPI driven measurements & metrics)
- An excellent C-level communicator and possess strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Customer centric
- Passionate about attracting, hiring, onboarding, retaining, coaching, and inspiring top sales talent
- A builder, enabling the growing regional team through mentorship around increasingly complex sales cycles, use cases, enterprise stakeholder mapping, and negotiations
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of business needs and revenue potential for accounts in the assigned region. Willing to travel as needed throughout the region
Measures of success are:
- Achieving your sales objectives
- Developing sales engineers to achieve higher productivity
- Building a highly engaged, high performing team