Manager of Sales Development at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Sales team brings our Global on-demand talent platform and solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. More companies are moving towards flexible workforce solutions and many are using online talent platforms to embrace this shift. Today 40% of the Fortune 100 are already using Upwork to get more work done. We are looking for a motivated Manager of Sales Development with experience in building and leading teams responsible for qualifying opportunities for Sales Acquisition teams.
Our Sales Development team generates new business leads for the sales team by engaging with executive buyers to qualify inbound or outbound leads. In this role you will partner closely with our marketing and sales teams. If you are passionate about leading and mentoring sales teams while executing against your quota we’d love to talk to you.Your Responsibilities:
- Recruit and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives and create a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, coaching and training
- Develop strategic plans for converting inbound activity into revenue or identifying Enterprise opportunities within the team's book of businesses to achieve the company’s sales goals
- You will be responsible for creating a detailed, accurate and predictable sales forecast; and lead teams to exceed sales and retention quotas
- Monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- You will coach and mentor junior sales employees and have genuine passion to facilitate overall growth of your teams both personally and professionally
- You will work in an environment where communication is key. You will be expected to bring strategic and creative initiatives to your teams
- Bring your driven and competitive nature to consistently exceed sales and/or retention quotas
- You have the drive, organizational and interpersonal skills to manage a group of sales development representative that make a high volume of daily outbound outreach to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic processes to increase team efficiencies
- You are Proficient in CRM + prospecting tools e.g. SFDC, Zoominfo, LinkedIn, Sales Navigator and bring deep understanding of prospecting, cold calling, objection handling and qualifying
- Proven experience in a sales management role or a comparable leadership development program and have sold an Enterprise Saas Product or a two sided marketplace
- B2B sales experience with a deep understanding of crafting and encouraging an exciting team culture
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.