Manager, Sales Development (Expand, AMER) at GitLab
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Sales Development Manager (Expand, AMER) at GitLab, your job is to lead a team of Expand SDRs to create qualified meetings, sales accepted opportunities and pipeline within existing customer accounts. You'll train other members of the SDR team, and take on operational and administrative tasks to help the team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the help of the SDR Enablement team.What you'll do in this role
- Train other members of the Expand SDR Team to lead account planning for top focus expand accounts and qualify and convert marketing-generated leads/inquiries into SAOs.
- Ensure SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s.
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new SDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes.
- Work closely with Sales, Senior SDR Manager, Inside sales team as well as the Regional Sales Director to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred).
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred.
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred.
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab.
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git.
- Excellent spoken and written English (it's our company language).
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.