Manager - Internal Sales at Micro Focus (Provo, UT)
Manager - Internal Sales
Responsible for managing a team of sales professionals and generating a culture that promotes inside selling activities, maintaining customer relationships, developing new business opportunities, and increasing market share. Works strategically with customers and our channel partners within a defined product group and territory. Manages the performance of individual contributors and the overall team and grows and develops talent within the organization through continuous learning.
- Manage an area, customers, and a team of company employees with well-defined daily work activities and priorities, people recruitment and development, cost management, and direction-setting within the area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor employee direct reports. May coach and mentor non-direct reports as needed. Manage FPR process for company employees. Manages team and individual performance.
- Advise management and peers on matters of importance to the area(s) of responsibility. Propose/influence direction-setting.
- Assign responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, and remove barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Create a culture that encourages a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, and is challenging and rewarding. Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
- Establish and manage relationships with appropriate customer management, with the objective of maintaining and building the business.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold Master's or advanced degree in related field. Typically 8+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Workforce management and development
- Personal Leadership and encouragement of others to lead
- Influencing Others
- Workforce and personal empathy
- Escalation management, customer relationship-building
- Knowledge of Corporate capabilities and outsourcing industry norms
- Business Analysis and Planning
- General Financial Management/Cost Management
- General Project Management
- In-depth understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- General understanding of related technologies
- Knowledge of industry and market trends
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status