Manager, Customer Success at Minitab (Remote)
Unique Opportunity to Help Shape the Customer Success Vision for Leading Solutions Analytics Company
The Manager, Customer Success is a manager role for the Global Customer Success Team that has direct reporting responsibility for the Americas Customer Success Team and indirect management responsibility for the EMEIA and APAC Customer Success Managers. Under general supervision from the Sr. Director Global Customer Success, the Manager, Customer Success provides design, development, maintenance of the Customer Success Function. They will be responsible for alignment and execution of the Customer Engagement Lifecyle (CEL) post sale in partnership with the Sr. Director Global Customer Success. These duties range from maintaining Customer Health tracking models, maintenance and execution of Quarterly Business Review Model (QBR), Customer Success Playbooks, and managing day to day activities for the Customer Success Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and optimize Customer Engagement Lifecycle (CEL) by driving programs and initiative to improve engagement approaches based on customer segmentation and leading a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee lifecycle processes/touchpoints, including documentation, customer profile design, (e.g., on usage, NPS).
- Execute and enhance company-wide customer success motion integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, etc.).
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate quantifiable value (ROI).
- Provide monthly analysis of product adoption, NPS scores, etc.
- Implement a method/system to analyze customer health data + track ROI at scale.
- Understand why customer attrition is occurring and implement a process to remedy.
- Partner with Sr Director, Global Customer Success to set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success Management function, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross renewals and net retention improvements.
- Ensure that Customer Service Managers understand our customers' objectives and are delivering on them.
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference ability.
- Work with Customer Success Operations Manager to determine a process for giving the executive team ongoing access to performance metrics, noting key gaps and successes.
- Define and launch Customer Success onboarding and training.
- Provide management to the Customer Success Managers.
- Improve the effectiveness of Customer Success Managers by removing roadblocks while looking for opportunities to improve departmental processes.
- Mentor and train new team members.
- With guidance from Sr Director, Global Customer Success define and monitor metrics that measure departmental effectiveness.
- Manage customer escalations for key Customer Success accounts from your direct reports and follow a methodical escalation process to executive management.
- Ensure an environment amongst the Customer Success Team that encourages collaboration, information sharing, team-based resolutions, and a focus on resolving customer issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
Cross Functional Operations
- Partner with Customer Success Operations Manager to develop company-wide customer success motion integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, etc.).
- Work closely with the sales management and Regional Directors to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, coverage plans, and account opportunities (i.e., opportunities and risks).
- Engage in Enablement Process in conjunction with Research and Design and Software Development teams to communicate feedback on roadmaps, enhancements, and new products in a timely fashion.
- Represent the voice of the customer on cross-functional teams.
- Participate in cross-functional and process team meetings; where applicable.
Perform task beyond the scope listed within this job description that are required to meet corporate and department objectives.
Participate in projects initiated by the Senior Director, Global Customer Success to improve Department.
Provide management for the Customer Success teams in these areas, with guidance from the Senior Director, Global Customer Success.
- Lead with a “People First” mentality
- Manage team members to “Lead from Any Seat”
- Drive operational practices to track performance of teams and individuals.
- Ensure that department work schedules provide proper staffing and resource allocation.
- Meet regularly with staff to mentor and assess performance. Work with upper management to initiate Corrective Action Policy procedure, if necessary.
- Initiate hiring and termination discussions with HR when necessary.
- Approve time off requests and monthly timesheets.
- Provide input for new hire budget requirements.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years in a customer success role, implementation or Support of an enterprise SaaS product
- 2 years in a leadership role that included managing and mentoring a team
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university (MBA a plus)
- Leadership skills and the ability to provide daily coaching and feedback on operational performance metrics
- Experience with most of the following areas: Capacity/workforce planning, disciplinary/corrective actions, change management, employee career development, training and development, and performance feedback and coaching
- A proven track record of aligning staff, processes, and systems to drive customer loyalty
- A focus on outcomes and able to drive team goals to align with company goals
- Demonstrated experience in the day-to-day activities of the Customer Success Function such as delivering QBRs, monitoring Customer Health Scores, developing Playbooks to improve Customer Value
- Capable of providing support services to enterprise-level companies
- Strive for constant progress and provide a continual evaluation of processes and procedures
- Experience and desire to lead a technical services staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A real caring for others and you’re passionate about setting your team up for success, supporting employee relations issues, and ensuring they have the resources they need to do their best work.
- Ability to motivate and lead people in a team environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Expert mentoring skills.
- Ability to schedule and lead conference calls while having the correct resources involved to meet the customer’s needs.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Expert experience gathering requirements and writing Professional Services SOW’s.
- Expert experience supporting enterprise applications.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the ability to understand the technical aspects of software and its functions.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to use conventional and unconventional methods for problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and effectively use time and resources to accomplish support group operations.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Flexibility to changes in schedule, responsibilities or role based on customer requirements.
- Must be willing to travel frequently to State College and other global Minitab locations as needed as well as global customer sites
- Work comfortably and respectfully across diverse cultures and customs.
- Receive direct supervision from the Senior Director, Global Customer Success regarding work activities.
- Manages the Customer Success Teams which consist of Customer Success Managers, Analytics Engineers and Technical Engineers and indirect management responsibility for the EMEIA and APAC processes that are utilized by regional team members executing the same functions.
This job can be 100% remote.
Minitab is a Federal contractor and is following all applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements.