Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
- Conduct market research, synthesize findings, and work with senior team members to propose recommendations that help shape company and product strategy.
- Lead and drive the execution of mergers and acquisitions and strategic investments, including sourcing opportunities, conducting market landscapes, performing financial analysis, and coordinating all aspects of due diligence in partnership with senior team members.
- Develop perspectives on key competitors, relative strengths and weaknesses, and implications for Coinbase.
- Partner with senior team members to cultivate cross-functional relationships with executives and assist in the implementation of high priority strategic initiatives.
- Build strong connections with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments.
- Contribute to improving the Corporate Development team by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members.
- 7 - 10+ years experience at a top-tier company in investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, strategic finance, or private equity.
- Experience supporting or leading complex inorganic initiatives end-to-end.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, and communication skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
- Passion for understanding new technology and desire to contribute to team initiatives.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially if focused on digital currency.
- Intellectual curiosity for crypto
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional senior executives in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience negotiating and closing deals.
- MBA or advanced degree.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.