Manager, Commercial Sales at Dataiku (Philadelphia, PA)
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
As Manager, Commercial Sales, you’ll lead a dynamic sales team that is responsible for driving top line revenue for the region, acquiring new logos, and ensuring that our existing clients love our product and increase their use overtime.
You’ll build, coach, lead, and enable a high-performing team of commercial (mid-market) sales professionals. You’ll also collaborate with cross functional partners, including leaders in pre-sales, marketing, product management, customer success, and data science.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the top-line revenue across the territory by acquiring new logos. Drive upsells by fostering the adoption and use for existing clients
- Play a lead role in coaching, developing, and enabling a team of customer-facing team of 5-6 Account Executives; some AEs may be working in a field sales role for the first time in their careers
- Partner with Area Vice President, Commercial Sales to define Go-To-Market strategy and other cross functional partnership
- Project vertical growth, territories, and partners. Drive alignment between sales and marketing efforts
- Build collaboration with a cross-functional team of Sales Engineers, Partner Managers, Customer Success Managers, and Sales Development Representatives
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to attract, recruit, build and develop a team of top performing sales professionals
- Develop senior relationships with key targets and top accounts across diverse personas, influencers, and strategic partners
- Forecast revenue accurately
- Maintain a high degree of transparency in pipeline management, pricing negotiations, territories allocations
What we’re looking for
- At least five to eight years of experience in software sales within fast-growing companies, including evidence of quota attainment and acquisition of new logos
- People leadership experience
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Interest in solving customer problems and creating original solutions for them
- A passion for hiring and retaining top talent
- Excellent understanding of managing a sales pipeline, including ability to motivate the team to self-create and close– pipeline management and time management skills
- Evidence of ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment, international cultures, and distributed teams
- Knowledge of and/or experience within the data and analytics space is not required, but preferred