Manager, Business Development at Nylas (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:48 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 28, 2022
Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace, but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of BDRs based in North America
- Provide day to day coaching & professional development, including weekly 1:1 meetings, weekly shadow sessions, and routine co-selling
- Understand the nuances between verticals within our ideal customer profile segments
- Work closely with Sales Directors to ensure the most effective targeting of the BDR team
- Lead weekly team meetings & call coaching sessions, prioritizing objectives for your team
- Continue to grow the team through recruiting, onboarding, and training new BDRs
- Drive strategic initiatives across BDR to increase profit contribution
- Optimize the BDR program in Toronto across all our KPIs and deliver ROI
- Track and communicate weekly goals to team to drive consistent performance week over week
- Become an integral part of BDR Sales Leadership at Nylas
What You'll Bring
- 1+ years of experience managing a sales development team or sales team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- A track record of problem-solving and fearless with trying new ideas and concepts
- Undeniable passion for Nylas and Nylas Sales specifically
- Ability, knowledge, and hunger to step in as player-coach on a daily basis that includes tactical management of reps, outbound calls & shadows, and superior knowledge in SFDC operations
- Background of hiring, training, and enabling reps for success
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- You are a power SFDC user, experience with SalesLoft or Gong is a plus
- Highly self-motivated and results driven
- Familiarity with the SaaS industry is a plus (but not a necessity)
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.