Manager of Business Development at Karat
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Sales team
Our Sales team is committed to expanding Karat’s purpose by building authentic, long-term partnerships with software engineering and recruiting leaders at enterprise-level organizations.What you will do
As Manager of Business Development at Karat, you will own the top-of-funnel outbound strategy. Leading a team of BDRs, you will be responsible for delivering a repeatable and profitable pipeline.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Hire, coach, manage, and motivate a remote team of Business Development Representatives on a variety of things, such as: prospecting, call confidence, lead qualification, working with Sales teammates, process, etc.).
- Build team playbooks and create trainings for the business development team.
- Work with Sales Operations team to proactively improve workflow and remove roadblocks for BDRs.
- Forecast, report, track, and manage BDR activities and results using internal systems and tools (i.e. Outreach, Salesforce).
- Lead all aspects of an outsourced sales solution team.
- Drive deeper utilization and effective use of sales resources (e.g. Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, etc.)
- Partner with Sales leadership to create success metrics that drive value throughout the broader sales funnel.
- Work with demand generation to define and exceed the most important KPIs for pipeline creation, revenue generation, and campaign performance.
- Ensure compliance and dedication to our sales process, aligning it with other stakeholders across the customer journey.
- 5+ years of experience scaling a BDR team through hyper-growth in a hands-on management/player-coach capacity
- Experience in early stage business development, account management, client success, or strategic partnerships in technology or high-growth and/or early-stage startups with a consistent track record of exceeding quotas
- Marketplace or e-commerce industry experience a plus
- Successful history building and implementing processes at-scale
- Empathetic listener and persuasive communicator with excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal skills
- Knowledgeable with systems and tools, such as: Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected]