Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Manager to lead and coach a team of Account Managers who are currently supporting our partners with more than 15,000 student enrollment. This is a management role; you will provide coaching and support to team members to help them renew and drive revenue growth for the company. We’re looking for someone who not only excels at coaching both veteran and new Account Managers but is also a strategic thinker who can support the renewal and expansion strategy for the team. This role will report directly to the Account Management team’s Director of Large Districts.
This position may also support a small portfolio of no more than 10 of Panorama’s largest accounts as a “player-coach” in order to ensure that we maintain top tier support for our largest clients. Over time we anticipate the client portfolio to be reduced to zero.
- Ensure that our Account Managers are deeply understanding their clients’ needs, building wide and deep relationships within organizations, and educating clients about all of Panorama’s current and future products
- Coach and support each Account Manager on your team including: holding regular one-on-one’s; identifying opportunities for growth and development; supporting hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for team members
- Support Account Managers with virtual and on-site client meetings, training, and executive-level presentations
- Ensure that every client receives high-quality, expert account management and consultation from Panorama through the building of best practices and playbooks
- Develop and direct strategy to increase Panorama’s footprint with existing clients, coaching and setting strategy for discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Review account plans and monitor overall account health across the team and the book of business for Account Directors
- Develop and maintain strong C-level relationships (Superintendents, State officials) with clients as appropriate
- Build and improve processes with teams across Sales, Marketing, Research, and Client Experience functions to add value and strengthen the health of clients
- Work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to achieve renewal and expansion goals, along with creating proposals for compelling opportunities including RFPs and helping to develop collateral for marketing to our client base
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in account management
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Experience coaching and leading a team with operational goals such as revenue retention, revenue growth, and/or client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, listen, negotiate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of education organizations, including superintendents (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Strategic thinker with experience developing processes to support high-performing teams
- Demonstrated flexibility with shifting priorities and ability to balance the existence of clear systems and processes with the need to modify processes in the service of continuous improvement and the changing demands of a rapidly growing business
- Commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team culture in service of employee and customer satisfaction and retention
- Preferred experience in Saas, managed services, or education
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.