Major Account Executive, Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum (Cleveland, OH)
- Are you a driven and client-focused sales expert familiar with the technology needs of large business accounts?
- Can you commit to a consultative sales position solving the evolving technology needs of clients with innovative solutions?
- Are you ready to take your sales skills to the next level with sales training that was awarded a Brandon Hall Group gold medal?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a Major Account Executive, you ensure client satisfaction by serving as a large enterprise account advocate. You are passionate about creating a positive client experience with Spectrum Enterprise solutions and services. You focus on outlining cost-effective combinations of fiber-based services, point-to-point Ethernet connections, Internet access, WiFi and managed services that deliver on short-term goals while creating sustainable value for clients and demand for the future.
You influence the right people both inside and outside of Spectrum Enterprise to provide exceptional service and create long-term relationships with large enterprise accounts. You have a developed ability to identify roadblocks and overcome obstacles to increase business while enhancing the client experience. You flourish in an office environment and travel frequently to capture accounts across an assigned footprint. You report directly to the Manager of Sales Strategic Markets for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission.
- Twelve-week paid training that was awarded the Brandon Hall Group 2022 gold medal in Best Advance in Sales Enablement and Performance Tools.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be an impactful member of the sales team through the achievement of monthly revenue goals.
- Cultivate and maintain key business-to-business (B2B) relationships with large enterprise accounts within your assigned territory or market segment.
- Grow account base by consulting with new organizations to empower them with simple client-centric telecommunication solutions.
- Drive the sales process by identifying target markets, industries and contacts for the product portfolio.
- Generate leads by building and maintaining relationships in the corporate and IT community.
- Entice clients by creating informative and lucrative proposals that align with their business needs.
- Build an extensive network through referrals, prospecting phone calls, industry events and peers.
- Ensure a positive service implementation process by supervising all phases of the sales cycle.
- Effectively close deals through conversations and negotiations with C-level executives.
- Provide weekly reports on funnel, sales call activity and 30/60/90-day forecasts for senior leadership to leverage.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Four or more years of B2B sales experience as a proven closer selling data, voice, cloud or video solutions to multi-location enterprise accounts.
- Four or more years of experience selling to corporate executives in outside sales to enterprise, healthcare, state and local government or education.
- Four or more years of experience negotiating master service agreements.
- Repeated success exceeding revenue goals.
- Telephony experience in selling trunking products, such as T1, primary rate interface (PRI) and session initiation protocol (SIP).
- Understanding of business software and hardware, applications, intranets, network security, firewalls, transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) networking and telecommunications infrastructure and equipment.
- Knowledge of the role of network facilities to support corporate tele-sales.
- Ability to efficiently conduct a consultative analysis and provide recommendations.
- Confident when presenting technical information to clients and key stakeholders.
- Expert in network building, negotiation and issue resolution skills.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change within a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal communicator with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Quick learner that can apply knowledge quickly.
- Knowledgeable of sales level complex services.
- Familiar with Salesforce, ICOMS, CSG or other billing systems.
- Valid driver's license, a safe driving record and the availability to travel frequently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Analytical thinker with the ability to manage and foster change.
- Positive attitude and an inner drive to push yourself.
- Coachable with an entrepreneurial spirit and an aptitude to learn the product suite and engage in the Spectrum Enterprise culture.
- Expert in translating technical information to clients.
- History of working well under pressure within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience selling to high-level management in various verticals.
- Able to work independently and remotely to identify and cultivate market opportunities.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field (preferred).