Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Drive end-to-end HR M&A deal evaluation, project management, and execution for transactions of all types and sizes - in partnership with our Corporate Development, People, and Leadership teams
- Own HR due diligence on potential acquisitions, both conducting diligence directly and managing internal and external specialists - enabling Coinbase to do the right deals and mitigate talent risks
- Craft and execute people-centered org design, leveling, and integration plans in partnership with HRBPs, Corp Dev, the broader People team, and key product & business stakeholders
- Create and enhance scalable diligence and integration playbooks and best practices, leveraging automation and repeatable innovation when possible
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years experience in HR and M&A, including HR M&A exposure and HRBP, compensation, exec staffing, corporate development, and/or management consulting experience.
- Strong, independent project and program management skills; experience managing HR M&A deal and integration-related projects is a decided advantage
- Expertise in core domains relevant to HR M&A: org design, leveling, benefits, compensation & incentive structures, and people analytics.
- Passion for building and improving highly cross-functional processes with a knack for delivering tangible results and working across teams to unblock bottlenecks
- Track record of creating internal people programs designed for scale in a high growth environment
- Outstanding business and global acumen with the ability to partner both cross-functionally and internationally
- Ability to drive business outcomes autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively balance multiple high priority initiatives at once
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills
- High integrity and the utmost discretion
Nice to haves:
- Experience in startup culture & scaling tech environments
- Expertise in companies with a global, distributed workforce
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.