Linux Technical Account Manager, AMER at Canonical (Charlotte, NC)
Linux Technical Account Managers are key to servicing our enterprise customers and partners, serving as the assigned engineering and technical escalation point, and are typically amongst the most experienced members of our Support Engineering teams.
This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to drive the success of major customers, leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source engineering and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy building your career with other some of the best engineers in the industry at Canonical.
No two days are the same in Support Engineering. We engage in interesting problems to solve, constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers to make the most of their Ubuntu systems. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for working on the next generation of Ubuntu solutions.
- Assume direct responsibility and drive exceptional service on assigned accounts.
- Gain understanding of our partner's technical infrastructure and environment, hardware, and/or product(s).
- Investigate issues reported by customers by doing your own research and involving others across the organisation as necessary.
- For assigned accounts manage support escalations and issue prioritization, acting internally as a customer advocate.
- Contribute new articles and maintain existing knowledge base articles.
- On a rotation basis, be available for on-call support out of office hours.
- Ability to travel
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience supporting Linux systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenStack, virtualization and other Cloud technologies.
- Advanced troubleshooting (up to application layer, including, core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable).
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced storage (RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning, etc.)
- Advanced networking (bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching, network file system tuning, etc.)
- Clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc.)
- Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc.)
- Experience managing customer relationships through consulting engagements, account management, or direct support.
- Significant experience with Ubuntu or Debian, able to debug and act as a generalist when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of people and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.