Lead Generation Specialist, West (Remote) at 10x Genomics
We are seeking a Lead Generation Specialist (LGS) to cover the West districts within the Americas (AMR) region. The LGS will be primarily responsible for prospecting and nurturing prospects to a qualified lead through phone and email engagement. The role will collaborate closely with Regional Marketing Managers and Sales teams in their designated territory to determine goals and new account acquisition strategies, as well as align with Strategic Marketing campaigns and programs.
About the role:
- Identify new accounts or new customers within accounts through a variety of sources (e.g. segment lists, funding intelligence, referrals) and prospecting tools
- Utilize phone and email best practices to engage with prospects and nurture to leads
- Perform inbound lead qualification on inquiries coming in through 10x Genomics website, events, and advertising
- Collaborates with regional marketing managers to execute relevant outbound marketing tactics to generate prospects and nurture leads
- Makes outbound contact to prospective customers to promote 10x Genomics events and other regional activities and drive further interest
- Utilize value-based messages to drive interest of prospects through a strong understanding of 10x Genomics technology, applications and segments
- Enter and maintain lead and contact data into CRM database
- Communicates qualified leads to sales
- Provide feedback to other marketing colleagues related to information prospects share that could be helpful in designing future marketing programs or products
- Contribute to ideation and continuous improvement as an engaged member of the ARM Regional marketing team
- Takes on special projects as needed and required by the business
- Track and report on all activities to Sr. Director of AMR Regional Marketing
- A Bachelors’ degree at minimum, in Life Science, Biology, Molecular, Biochemistry or related field
- No previous work experience is required, however, 1+ years of sales or marketing experience is desirable
- Solid understanding the single cell and spatial technology landscape and applications
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others; ability to interact well with highly educated scientific customers
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to think quick on your feet
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to identify customer needs and barriers to adoption
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to build relationships across functions and levels and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- An independent self-starter who can effectively operate or deal with ambiguity
- High level of organization, efficient time-management, and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google Applications and CRM database required
- Master’s or PhD desired
- NGS experience strongly preferred
- Genomics background or experience is highly preferred
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.