Junior Account Executive at Compass (Baltimore, MD)
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Our Sales Team is the face of the company and the engine of our market expansion. As a Junior Account Executive, you are directly responsible for driving net-new pipeline for our Sales Team.
In its simplest form, the Junior AE’s role is to educate the Compass Agent Community on the benefits and importance of contributing to the Sales Team of Compass. Successful Junior AE's partner with Compass Agents to identify who in their network of Prospective Agents should be introduced to an Account Executive. The Account Executive then meets with the Prospective Agent to discuss the Compass value proposition (technology, marketing, culture and growth).
Jr AEs are the future of the Strategic Growth organization. In addition to the direct impact this role has as a partner to the SGMs in the market, you will ultimately be working toward the goal of becoming an AE yourself. From onboarding all the way through a formal SDR-to-AE training program, your focus will be on developing the skills and knowledge that line a direct path into the closing sales position.
- You generate new business opportunities to build our sales pipeline through both inbound and outbound efforts
- Outreach directly into prospective agents that fit our ideal persona via cold-calls, text, emails, integrated marketing campaigns, LinkedIn campaigns and other methods
- Articulate our value prop and objection handle to create qualified opportunities in your market
- You work closely with the Account Executives and Team Leaders to develop successful prospecting strategies,
- Document all activities within our CRM, maintaining flawless data management
- Drive active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create new processes and refine existing processes through innovative thinking
- Analyze addressable market in nascent geographies and create demand for disruptive technology
- Become a critical part of the high performing team, adding value to each AE’s sales process
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience with history of strong performance (SDR, Customer Success/Service, Direct Sales, Account Management)
- Strong interpersonal and rapport-building skills, glass-half-full mentality, natural leader
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
Notice for California Applicants