Institutional Sales Manager - Bison Trails at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Join Coinbase’s STP team as an Institutional Sales Manager dedicated to our Cloud business. We are looking for an exceptional Institutional Sales Manager to join our highly-skilled and passionate team. The ideal candidate will drive our sales and partnership efforts and manage key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. In addition they will be heavily involved in the establishment of processes and utilize the latest tools to support our business’s current needs. Finally, drive our approach as we continue to expand our product offerings and grow our market share.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Generate partnerships with exchanges, custodians, wallets, and traditional financial institutions and corporations.
- Build relationships with C-level executives at established information technology companies and financial institutions.
- Serve as the the first touchpoint and ongoing relationship manager for key customers
- Ensure transparency in the sales process and identify opportunities for cross-selling existing Coinbase products
- Own and manage the company’s use of CRM to ensure the system is up to date and that all relevant company stakeholders are utilizing it efficiently.
- Work with the product team to identify and prioritize customer feedback and inform the product roadmap.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 4-5+ years experience in client-facing, sales or business development roles.
- Fluency and working knowledge of the crypto/blockchain industry.
- Demonstrated track record of working with internal stakeholders in different functional groups (e.g. Marketing, Customer Success, Product, etc.)
- Ability to act independently and proactively in an effort to source, progress, and close new business.
- Demonstrated experience with problem-solving and working with limited oversight.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to distill complex ideas succinctly to key decision makers at corporations and financial institutions.
Nice to haves:
- B2B SaaS and/or infrastructure sales experience
- MBA or equivalent industry experience.
- Modelling experience of network dynamics and economics
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.