Inside Sales Representative at Verisk (Provo, UT)
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Make sales
- Aid customers via phone or email. Typical calls include - demo leads, new customers, and existing customers with questions or concerns involving products.
- Proactively call or email demo leads or potential customers, those who have requested information or a demo
- Assist and provide all potential or current customers with the tools needed to use software
- Assist and provide training options available for software
- Make sales
- Provide excellent customer service
- Take incoming calls with a willingness to help:
- Potential new customers
- Existing customers with issues needing help but not sure who to contact
- Existing customers who have questions regarding changes applicable to them
- Existing customers needing to change licenses on current accounts
- Enter customer information, orders, and won opportunities into sales database
- Proactively call and email potential customers who have requested information or demo of our software products
- Assist technical support as needed or asked
- Respond to emails sent to Xsales mailbox, We’re Listening Feedback, or any possible lead that could result in a potential customer
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Construction, property insurance, or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Previous training on Telephone etiquette, helpful
- Previous selling experience, helpful
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills
- Strong detail-orientation skills
- Ability to manage time, multi-tasking, managing competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve exceptional results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus and skills
- Exceptional problem solving, analysis and negotiating skills
- Able to learn new things quickly
- Positive attitude and pleasant disposition
- Occasional additional hours required as needed to meet call load
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.