Inside Sales Representative (Small Business) at CNA
Under general supervision responsible for telephone sales and customer service resulting in increased business opportunity. This is an inside sales position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Counsels existing and potential customers on insurance products and services. Includes interpreting coverage identifying gaps and recommending solutions.
- Builds strong relationships with agents and Field Sales Specialists to generate increased business opportunities.
- Identifies sales opportunities and uses consultative selling skills to write new business cross-sell coverage and respond to customer concerns.
- Regularly communicates with policyholders regarding insurance products and coverages to prevent the potential for errors and omissions. Also prepares quotes and answers questions from agencies policyholders or other external contacts and escalates issues as necessary.
- Reviews Applications and financial requirements for risk requiring moderate technical underwriting skills. Determines acceptability of Risk in accordance with compnay guidelines and standards.
- Effectively manages sales opportunity pipeline. Proactively calls agents and clients to offer insurance solutions.
- Maintains property and casualty licenses and stays up to date on rules and regulations related to servicing customer insurance needs.
Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Solid knowledge and understanding of insurance industry products and services.
2. Solid understanding of CNA's products and services.
3. Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication and telephone skills. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
4. Customer service focus and ability to resolve issues and problems.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Education and Experience
1. Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience.2. Typically a minimum of two years of sales experience.3. Appropriate licenses as required.
Must maintain or obtain FL 220 License within 6/12 months of Employment