Inside Sales Representative, Payroll at Homebase (Houston, TX)
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
You’re a builder. You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them. You thrive in a performance-driven environment where your contributions are recognized. You’re excited at the prospect of being an early team member and flexing your entrepreneurial muscle. You crave impact—and you’re ready to build something amazing and long-lasting.
At Homebase, we are committed to innovation and launching new products to serve our customers’ ever-evolving needs. As a member of our Payroll Sales team, you’ll work closely with small business owners, to help them understand the features and benefits of our payroll product.
You’ll practice consultative selling each day. You’ll discover customer needs, emerge as an expert advisor, and guide prospects to utilize our all-in-one solution for their HR needs. You’ll engage with customers through a variety of channels; phone, chat, email, text, and help guide them through their buying journey to ultimately choose Homebase for their back office needs.
As a direct partner to Product, Operations, and Marketing, your insights will inform how Homebase improves our product and processes. Your contributions will set us up to scale rapidly and build this new revenue stream. As one of the early members of the Payroll Sales team, you will help us chart the path for future Homebasers to come!
- Handle a mix of inbound and outbound calls, as well as utilizing chat/email/text to engage with customers and help answer their questions
- Manage a consistent flow of inbound opportunities/leads, driving customers to payroll adoption to hit our team goals
- Qualifying leads through proactive outreach to schedule a conversation with an Account Executive when needed, or helping them complete their onboarding process
- Help customers along their buying journey, ensuring we are moving deals down the funnel at a consistent rate and identifying areas for improvement
- Partner with our operations team to address and resolve any implementation issues a customer may be facing during the setup phase
- 1+ years of Sales, Customer Success, or Customer service experience in a call center environment, with a strong track record of success
- Desire to grow your career and hone your sales skills through hardwork and perseverance
- Excellent communication skills across multiple channels (phone/email/chat/text/Slack)
- A dedication to support small businesses and provide a positive customer experience
- 1+ years of experience selling software as a service (SaaS)
- Proven success in the SMB space
- Previous payroll experience
- Strong outbound dialing habits and ability to create customer connections over the phone.
What We Offer You
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.