Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Inside Sales Account Executive is responsible for prospecting and developing relationships with potential clients and closing new sales agreements. The Emerging Market Account Executives at Paylocity will work in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive, quota-driven, and targets small businesses. The best Inside Sales Account Executives are capable of creating their own activity via the phone and constantly looking for that next sale. A strong predictor of success for an Account Executive, is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional good prospective skills, the ability to be persistent, and has a passion for what is being sold!
Reports To: Director of Inside sales
The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Grow the Emerging Markets inside sales division
- Develop prospects through telemarketing, referrals, professional, personal contacts and other sources
- Schedule and virtually present Paylocity services with prospective clients
- Confidently take prospective clients through an entire demo of the product suite
- Prepare and virtually present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process
- Organize, complete and obtain the documentation required for clients to move to Paylocity system
- Work directly with internal departments to ensure a smooth transition for clients
- Stay up-to-date on HCM knowledge and industry trends
- Prepare activity and forecast reports as requested
- Ability to generate net-new business opportunities, leveraging the company's expertise, industry profile, and knowledge of the industry
- Build and maintain relationships with CPA's as well as other referral sources
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota
- Bachelor's Degree, required
- 1-2 years of inside sales experience
- Strong telemarketing skills
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to maintain high activity standards
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections and unexpected situations that may arise throughout the sales cycle
- Customer service orientation
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
As of 4/6/2021: This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.