Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
As Head of Pricing Prediction, you will take charge of our core datasets, models and systems responsible at the heart of Opendoor’s algorithmic pricing division. You will be responsible for setting technical strategy, leading and growing 2-3 core teams, working cross-functionally with engineering, product and operations to set broader pricing strategy, and driving bottom-line impact. If you’re excited about teasing out the nuances of consumer and market behavior with cutting-edge structural models, leading through radical candor and democratized power, and having trillion-dollar impact, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Head of Pricing Prediction, you will:
- Define and execute an 18-month plan to drive excellence in our core price prediction models and systems.
- Set and drive a long-running pricing research agenda, drawing upon everything from day-to-day company learnings to state-of-the-art work in machine learning, behavioral economics, pricing strategy, spatiotemporal modeling and more.
- Collaborate with the VP of Research & Data Science, Chief Investment Officer and other members of the Investment Leadership team to set core pricing strategy.
- Manage a growing team through layers and reinforce a culture of context (not control), democratized power, radical candor.
- Continue to scale and up-level a highly-committed team via rapid hiring, functional practices and a culture of excellence.
We’re looking for leaders who have:
- 10+ years of experience in end-to-end modeling lifecycle, from EDA to prototyping to production deployment and iteration.
- 5+ years of management experience, including working with cross-functional teams and managing managers.
- Exceptional background in at least one of the following areas: spatiotemporal modeling, macroeconomic modeling and/or stochastic modeling.
- Exceptional ability to translate between business and technical audiences, especially in working backwards from the customer.
- Exceptional people management abilities and instincts, including leading via radical candor and democratized power.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description