Head of Partner Sales Engineering at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We are looking for a proven leader to head up our Partner Sales Engineering team and establish the Partner Sales Engineering strategy from the ground up. You will be tasked with coming up with a plan to help us train and certify technical people at 100’s of System Integrator partners globally as well as enable the Sales Engineers and Solution Architects at our tech partners (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, Databricks, Azure). As a Head of Partner Sales Engineering at Fivetran, you will be tasked with hiring 2-3 Partner Sales Engineers immediately to fill out your team, and establishing a plan for future growth based on key deliverables and KPIs. This team specializes in achieving the “technical win” in interacting with technical and business stakeholders across a multitude of verticals.
In this role, you will work directly with the partner management team and System Integrator and Technology partners to build and manage a team that understands the needs of our customers, strategizes on product integrations with partners, provides technical guidance, evangelizes the joint solutions, and ultimately is the trusted technical advisor for partners. Your key stakeholders will be the Director of SI Alliances and the Director of Technology Alliances and the team you will hire will support the partner managers directly.
The ideal candidate will be a high impact individual capable of driving outstanding business results & continual employee development. This leader is fully responsible for managing the team to generate exceptional results among your direct reports, accelerate the progression of business through the sales journey, and drive the technical win. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
This position will report to the Director of Enterprise Sales Engineering, and you will be a part of the Alliances Leadership Team.As a Partner Sales Engineering Head at Fivetran you will:
- Manage a team of Partner Sales Engineers that support the Fivetran Alliances team
- Recruit and hire Partner Sales Engineers to join your team
- Implement and optimize strategies to maximize the ability for Fivetran to onboard and grow SI and Tech Partners
- Meet all defined goals and metrics
- Engage with the Product team and influence the Fivetran product roadmap based on customer needs and strategic initiatives
- Evangelize joint solutions and product integrations by speaking at conferences, webinars, and other marketing events
- Act as a Fivetran technical leader and trusted adviser for our partners
- Provide the architectural and technical guidance to partners and promote successful integrations with Fivetran
- Understand the partner’s business model and current capabilities, whilst developing new strategies and integrations
- Collaborate with the Partner management team to provide technical guidance and support their strategic initiatives
- Build technical assets such as white papers, blog posts, best practices documents, virtual hands-on labs, and quickstarts to accelerate the adoption of joint solutions
- Present Fivetran technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at partners
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Fivetran in relation to them
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Fivetran’s products and marketing
- Build assets to enable and train Fivetran Sales Engineers on partner integrations and solutions
- Prior experience working within the SaaS space is critical to success. Experience in big data/analytics/data warehousing/business intelligence is a plus!
- Proven ability to lead a team of technically-minded direct reports
- Experience in architecting and developing solutions for cloud infrastructure
- Broad range of experience within large-scale Database and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, analytics and cloud technologies
- Understanding of cloud architectures and services involving SaaS solutions with any of the popular cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability to connect a partner’s specific business problems and Fivetran’s solutions
- Honesty/integrity: Does not cut corners, earns and maintains trust, does what is RIGHT
- Positive Attitude & Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way
Ability to coach and develop team members: Coach team members in their current roles while also preparing them for career advancementPerks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.